Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

181 - 200 of 250 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
They're still just pumping her full of broad spectrum antibiotics and running tests. They have no idea what the issue is. According to the doctor, they won't let her out until she goes 24 hours without a fever. Just got a text from her and she's at 100.4. It's so hard. I know that she's better off staying there and being cared for, but there's this half of me that things it's just a damn fever and I want her home.

Patience. Yes, I know. I have to keep it. Doesn't mean I have to like doing it.

I enjoy when she leaves me home for a week to go visit her parents, but it's so much different when she's in the hospital, sick, and you can't even see her.

·
Super Moderator
27,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
This morning my wife says she feels fine, other than a constant mild headache. She told me they are taking her for a lower leg ultrasound, but her legs look and feel fine. The only reason I can think of for them doing this is that they believe she may have a blood clot there, but I would think that a blood clot in her leg would cause pain and swelling. Can anyone think of any reason I can't for this?

Hopefully they will figure it all out soon.

·
Super Moderator
27,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
So, my wife finally asked someone why they were doing a lower leg ultrasound and they told her it was to rule out a DVT because she had a history of blood clots.

I've been married to my wife for 15 years in April and dated her for about 3 years before that. At no point in those 18 years that we've been together has my wife had a blood clot or any circulatory issue that I am aware of.

I'm not feeling super confident in the capabilities of the people taking care of her at the hospital right now.

I guess it's not a big deal, since it's just an ultrasound, but I'm going to have to have a discussion with my wife and convince her to question everything they are doing. An ultrasound won't hurt if she doesn't need it, but if they are confusing that, what else are they confusing?

·
Super Moderator
22,240 Posts
2 months ago you posted...

"Looking around online, I found a passage on Mayo Clinic's website where they claim they can remove tumors that are so close to the blood vessels that other surgeons can't. That's basically the situation we're in. They have a location in Jacksonville and appear to be in network for our insurance."

wondering if you considered giving them a call and seeing what they may suggest...not to say where she is is not where she belongs...sort of a second opinion scenerio maybe...

·
Super Moderator
27,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
We waited 3 weeks for a "consultation" with them by phone, which turned out to be nothing more than a sales call to set up a consultation 3 weeks later. We discussed it and decided that she would be halfway through her 6 rounds of chemo by the time we even got the consultation with Mayo Clinic. We decided to not go that route yet, ride it out through the 6 rounds where she is, get the CT scan to see if it worked and then reconsider options. We've also looked at Emory Clinic, which isn't as highly ranked as Mayo, but they are local here in Atlanta and wouldn't require us traveling to Jacksonville.

Assuming this hospitalization doesn't screw up her treatment schedule, she's got two more to go and will get her last treatment on March 2. We're hoping to get the CT scan by the middle of March and have a game plan from there.

One day at a time. It's all you can do in a situation like this.

·
Super Moderator
27,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
Just got word that they are discharging my wife this afternoon. Apparently she's just waiting on the paperwork. Papa Bear is very happy now. 😊

They still have no idea about the fevers, but I guess they feel mostly confident that it's just a chemo side effect.

·
Administrator
54,498 Posts
Continued prayers for the Mrs and the family.

Reactions: Whiskey

·
Big Red Roamer
5,204 Posts
Glad you got her home now Whiskey. Praying the fever is only a side effect, and if so, praying those side effects go away and for continued comfort and healing.

·
Super Moderator
27,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
No more fevers since she got home, just a perma-headache and tired. She seems to be feeling pretty good otherwise. At least it looks like we're going to be able to keep our Valentine's dinner reservations tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
22,240 Posts
hows Tanya doing? Must be glad to be home...weekend go allright?

·
Super Moderator
27,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
Tomorrow is treatment day. Number 5 of 6, so we're almost there. Since it's her last recovery day, she's pretty much back to normal. They'll suck it out of her again in the morning. Praying it doesn't get as bad as it was the last two weeks.

It being President's Day, I told her that I'm taking the day off. Work won't be bothering me, so I'm not doing anything. Thought about going for a ride, but the chance of rain today is 97%, so I guess I'm doing something else. I told her that I refuse to cook dinner tonight. If she doesn't feel like cooking, I guess we're ordering delivery.

Hope you guys have a great day.

·
Super Moderator
9,101 Posts
Thinking of you both, brother Whiskey. With prayers!

Reactions: Whiskey

·
Big Red Roamer
5,204 Posts
Sounds like you have a plan Whiskey. Hope you both stayed in, ordered delivery and took some time off together.
Praying #5 is smooth...

·
Registered
982 Posts
When this is done and she's healthy again, you guys need to find a bed and breakfast somewhere pretty. Let someone take care of both of you for a change. Just spend your days enjoying nature, breathing fresh air and being thankful for the chance. And let them try to figure out what soup she wants. ;)
Here's hoping for calm winds and following seas.

·
Super Moderator
22,240 Posts
hope all goes well today...sending good karma along w/prayers her way.

·
Super Moderator
27,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
When this is done and she's healthy again, you guys need to find a bed and breakfast somewhere pretty. Let someone take care of both of you for a change. Just spend your days enjoying nature, breathing fresh air and being thankful for the chance. And let them try to figure out what soup she wants. ;)
Here's hoping for calm winds and following seas.
I'm trying to figure something out already. Not only do we deserve a break after this, but this year is her 50th birthday and our 15th anniversary. With numbers like that, it seems like a sign. No?

·
Super Moderator
27,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
That's a thought. She's definitely a beach girl.

181 - 200 of 250 Posts