Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 656 Posts

·
Super Moderator
30,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Monday night my wife started complaining that she didn't feel well. Every time she ate something her stomach would get upset. She complained about pain in her side and stomach.

I told her to go to the doctor on Tuesday and she called around but couldn't get an appointment with a general practitioner for a month. She ended up booking an appointment with a gastro for next week.

Last night I noticed that she looked a bit yellow in her complexion, even more than usual, because she's half Thai. I pushed her and finally got her to go to an urgent care clinic today.

They did some tests there, then they decided that she had jaundice and wanted her to go to the hospital for a CT scan.

She went to the hospital around lunch today and finally got her scan and x-ray about an hour ago. It turns out that she has a "mass" on her pancreas. They've admitted her and are going to try to at least get a piece of the mass to figure out what it is and do a biopsy.

Right now, I could really use some prayers. I'm really hoping that it's just some sort of benign growth they can remove.

This year really needs to end.

·
Registered
2020 Suzuki Boulevard C50
3 Posts
Yikes. New to the forum but my wishes go out to your wife. 2020 has been a terrible year. I Hope it all works out ok.

·
Administrator
16,551 Posts
Prayers for your wife.....hoping she gets better quickly.

Reactions: Whiskey

·
Sooper Dee Dooper Moderator
5,468 Posts
Dang Whiskey.
This really sucks. You have my prayers for your wife and you. God is good, He's got this. Keep me informed and I'll keep praying.

·
Super Moderator
9,277 Posts
Prayers on the way, Whiskey!! Yes, please do keep us posted?

·
Super Moderator
30,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She's still in the ER. It turns out that she's got to sit there for four hours while they get the results of a Covid test before they can admit her. At the moment, I'm so pissed I can't even begin to process anything else. My wife has been stuck at the ER for about 10 hours today, all alone and scared, and they won't let me in to see her. Took a bag of clothes to her and they told me that they would have customer service take it back to her.

Thanks to all of you for the prayers. It sounds like this is going to take a while. They're going to do an endoscopic surgery tomorrow to biopsy the growth. Apparently it takes about 48 hours to get the results back on that, and then we get to figure out what the next steps are, so it'll probably be Monday before I get to know much else.

·
Premium Member
14,498 Posts
Prayers for your wife
Shawn

·
Registered
123 Posts
Whiskey, try and keep her spirits up by staying positive and talking about good memories. The laughter and feelings these will invoke may do as much or more than medicine to heal you both and help you get through this.

·
Super Moderator
23,799 Posts
just saw this...sending prayers her way...shame you aren't allowed to be with her but guess thats pretty much the standard today...take care and keep us in the loop.

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
Hey Whiskey! Send prayer and good energies your way. hang in there and please keep us informed.

God's Blessings on you both!

·
Super Moderator
30,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They were going to do a biopsy today, but her pancreas was too inflamed, so they put in a stint to help reduce the swelling. She tells me that she's already starting to get her color back, so that's good.

They're planning on going the biopsy on Monday. Hopefully they'll send her home after.

Still can't see her.

I would have never thought my wife would be in the hospital for a major issue and I'd be forced to sit at home.

·
Sooper Dee Dooper Moderator
5,468 Posts
Man, sorry Whiskey. This is awful. Continued prayers my friend....

·
Premium Member
7,084 Posts
Prayers Whiskey
Hoping for the best.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,277 Posts
Haven't stopped praying, Whiskey.

<<Hugs>>