Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
8,279 Posts
Well, he shouldn't have to worry about about any border crossings..................

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Nakusp Accommodations

See Post # 2 of this thread for an update on the accommodations in Nakusp for the Saturday night.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Bump

Just bumping this thread to see if there might be a few more who want to attend. Just a little over 6 weeks away! Can't wait for July! :wayhappy:

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Trying to decide which of three rides :scoot:I'll participate in. They are all in the same month :shock: which is making it tough to decide.

Doesn't help that I'm in at the last minute most times! :roll:
So T-man; any decision yet? This BC ride is only a month away. Better get all those A/C units installed now so that you can take some time off in July! :biglaugh:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I will really miss this ride. By the 18th, I'll be somewhere near Deals Gap after 21 days on the road. Unfortunately, I planned my grand tour of 38 states long before Canuckrider posted the dates. But come July 18th, no matter where I am, I will raise a glass to the Wescaleros and drink to your safety and friendship. There are so many of you I'd like to see again. You'd better do it again next year, cause I'm leaving my calendar clear until the Wescaleros is posted.

Have a ball, drink good whiskey, and smoke those horrible expensive cigars all in good health!

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Have a ball, drink good whiskey, and smoke those horrible expensive cigars all in good health!
We'll miss seeing you there, Charlie!

I'm sure there will be a bottle or two of Crown Royal consumed. Maybe we need some of the 'mericans to "import" some as it's cheaper there than in the country it is made in. WTF??

And we have ready access to good Cuban cigars (and other stuff, too!) to smoke up here in the Great White North!

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Roomate

Is anyone needing accommodations? Unfortunately Hammer has had to bow out due to health reasons so I have a spare bed available at each motel that is booked along the way. (Creston, Nakusp & Salmon Arm)

And no, I do not snore! :wayhappy:

·
Registered
8,279 Posts
Yes, yes he does snore. I'm going to miss seeing Hammer....

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Only 1 Week To Go!

Hey everyone! This ride begins 1 week from tomorrow; I hope that you're as excited about getting out on the open road as I am.

Any last minute takers? I'm sure we can find an extra room or two at the motels on the route. :wayhappy:

I've sent an email to this that I have emails addresses for and PM's to those that I haven't.

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
I have a room booked for each night and one Tuesday night just outside Jasper. If we do have any last minute folks or someone who needs a bed I will have an extra bed each night. Full disclosure: Duffy says I snore too.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I have a room booked for each night and one Tuesday night just outside Jasper. If we do have any last minute folks or someone who needs a bed I will have an extra bed each night. Full disclosure: Duffy says I snore too.
Hey John. Lomax is sharing with me in Creston and Nakusp but he will be staying with friends when we are in Salmon Arm so I will have a spare bed there. Do you want to cancel your room at the Travelodge in Salmon Arm and share with me? We can both save a few bucks as it's the most expensive hotel on the trip.

We can compete to see who snores the loudest! :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Hey John. Lomax is sharing with me in Creston and Nakusp but he will be staying with friends when we are in Salmon Arm so I will have a spare bed there. Do you want to cancel your room at the Travelodge in Salmon Arm and share with me? We can both save a few bucks as it's the most expensive hotel on the trip.

We can compete to see who snores the loudest! :biglaugh:
Sounds good to me Al. Are you staying both nights in Salmon Arm? I wasn't planning on leaving until Tuesday and have reservations that night in Hinton (Jasper area).

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Have a Blast

I am totally bummed out that I can't make it to this rally.

Right now, I can't ride at all. Hopefully, I can get back in the saddle for next month but it seems doubtful. It's also likely this IS the last year and retirement from riding is pretty well assured. **** happens but I am no quitter and other good stuff will be added to my bucket list. Hopefully, that includes seeing you again down the road or over the hill.

There is no way to tell you all just how much I have enjoyed the riding, the rallies, the friendship, the ********, etc., It kept me sane although not completely of course.

Thank you all and keep on riding.

Ride safe and enjoy!!

·
Registered
8,279 Posts
I am totally bummed out that I can't make it to this rally.

Right now, I can't ride at all. Hopefully, I can get back in the saddle for next month but it seems doubtful. It's also likely this IS the last year and retirement from riding is pretty well assured. **** happens but I am no quitter and other good stuff will be added to my bucket list. Hopefully, that includes seeing you again down the road or over the hill.

There is no way to tell you all just how much I have enjoyed the riding, the rallies, the friendship, the ********, etc., It kept me sane although not completely of course.

Thank you all and keep on riding.

Ride safe and enjoy!!
You were missed by all (at Creston), I'm pretty sure this was my last long ride. Any long distance stuff will be done with the toy hauler from now on.

I'm at home now but the last three days of riding were quite difficult......getting my leg over the bike was trying.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Good to hear you made it home OK Duffy. Maybe we'll have to ride closer to you next time.

Great to see old friends and meet some new ones. Thanks to Al for organizing this.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts