Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On one hand I'm glad I waited, on the other hand it just made my decision much more difficult.

I have really been leaning toward a 2014 or 15 Road King. But I just got done sitting on a 2015 Ultra Low and I think I'm in love all over again.

That thing fits soooooooo good for an inseam challenged rider.

Lowered in the front and the rear, primary cover is narrower and passenger pegs are relocated.

Now I'm thinking Ultra or Limited.

What do you think ?

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But they have an Ultra Low and a Limited Low.

I'm wondering Ultra or Limited ?

·
Premium Member
9,382 Posts
Russ, I would get the Limited low. The liquid cool is the bomb and you get a lot of features for your buck. Much nicer too.

as beezer would say, hope this helps. :p

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It would be nice if they had each side by side...........and in black, Vivid Black baby.

September 12 and 13, 2015 demo rides. I'll be first in line. :wayhappy:

·
Registered
1,771 Posts

The only difference that I can find between the two is $900, a two inch shorter seat height and one inch lower ride height...get the one that fits. (though they did spell tapered with one p on the Limited's spec sheet and with two p's on the Low's)

EDIT: 31.9/31.8 lean angle for the Limited, 27.8/28.6 for the Low.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts

·
Registered
21,181 Posts
What happened to 'I'm over the whole fairing thing'? Go with the Limited. The liquid cooling is worth the price difference.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
doesn't the standard ultra already have a low seat height? i'd hate to give up the extra ground clearance.

i have a 30" inseam and ride my uncles ultra, the floor boards touch down very easily in the turns. my current ride has a 32.5" seat height, i can't flat foot the bike but thats not much of an issue. it is also much more top heavy than the ultra.

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What happened to 'I'm over the whole fairing thing'? Go with the Limited. The liquid cooling is worth the price difference.
That is certainly one part of the dilemma.

I have really been leaning toward a 2014 or 15 Road King. But I just got done sitting on a 2015 Ultra Low and I think I'm in love all over again.
I really am over the batwing fairing but am concerned am I giving up any protection by going back to a shield ?

What would really fit the bill for me would be a Road King low......which I could do. Just put the same suspension components as the Ultra Low on a RK. But I really really like the lower fairings I put on the SG, so I would add them. And I really like the convience of a Tour Pack so I'd add that but with the RK I could make it quick detach.........

But if I put lowers a tour pack and replace suspension on a RK, it begs the question, why not just do the Ultra Low and keep the batwing with all it's farkles ?

Out in Sturgis I had the Progessive suspension folks change the springs on my 940 shocks (at no charge I might add), during our trip to WI last weekend, wife and I both commented that the ride was better than any bike we've owned. So I'd kind of hate to give that up, but I'm pretty sure I could replicate it now that I know what does and doesn't work.

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
doesn't the standard ultra already have a low seat height? i'd hate to give up the extra ground clearance.

i have a 30" inseam and ride my uncles ultra, the floor boards touch down very easily in the turns. my current ride has a 32.5" seat height, i can't flat foot the bike but thats not much of an issue. it is also much more top heavy than the ultra.
Ground clearance on Ultra vrs Ultra Low, 5.3 vrs 4.6.

If I don't scrape on my SG I won't scrape on an Ultra Low.

Remember, eastern SoDak, we only have one curve and we take turns going around it on weekends.

·
Premium Member
9,382 Posts
Both are Twin-Cooled
.:biglaugh:
The Ultra, unfortunately, does not have the liquid cool heads, only the Limiteds and the CVOs have them. I have no idea why MoCo did that. If they have lowers, they should have liquid cooling, IMHO.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
sweetlu
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfinitlydisturbd View Post
Both are Twin-Cooled
The Ultra, unfortunately, does not have the liquid cool heads, only the Limiteds and the CVOs have them. I have no idea why MoCo did that. If they have lowers, they should have liquid cooling, IMHO.
That ins't what Harley Davidson claims.

Attachments

·
Registered
404 Posts
Regular Ultra is not equipped with a Twin-Cool engine, don't know about the Low version but I'm thinking it doesn't either.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Regular Ultra is not equipped with a Twin-Cool engine, don't know about the Low version but I'm thinking it doesn't either.
Ermmm...yeah. Look at my last post (the one just above yours)...more specifically the screen shots taken directly from Harley Davidson...if anyone would know I would assume it would be the manufacturer.

Best I can figure is that some of you are confusing the Ultra Classic and Ultra Classic Low (which are both Air-cooled 103's the Classic having the High output the Classic Low apparently just a 103) WITH

the Ultra Limited and Ultra Limited Low. (both of which get Twin cooled High Output 103's)

And of course the 5th version of the E-Glide for 2015 the CVO Limited gets the Twin-Cooled Twin Cam 110

·
Registered
404 Posts
I've been shopping bikes lately and all I'm saying is if you want a Twin Cooled engine then you have to step up to at least an Ultra Classic Limited. Regular Ultra Classics do not have the liquid engine, just what they call a High Output 103, which the salesman said included slightly hotter cams and different air cleaner. Don't know about the Low models, haven't laid my eyes on one.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.