Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As noted in the 2014 OctVRFest thread…the 2015 OctVRFest will take place somewhere in Ct…as more info becomes available, it will be posted to allow anyone considering attending or joining us enough time to plan accordingly. At present the intended home base will hopefully be somewhere along the western part of the state. However, that of course will be determined by what is found in our search that will be conducive to our rally needs. A few of us will be getting together soon and will settle on a date. The increasing popularity of this event leads me to guess that a minimum of 30 rooms will be required, maybe an estimate too high…then again, maybe too low….we’ll see. While this post is intended to be just a heads up, we all know how quickly time flies by so every effort will be made to get the basics in place…date and lodging location… as soon as possible. Thanx.

so far...those interested and considering...

moenko
dc & barb
snake & trailer
paraquat
sweet lu
kett & nzinga
bearbait & woodswoman
capt & mmagicfingers
gregstur
danimal & mary
doug & laura
elmoann
beeze & belinda
peter69
old traf
funbikerchick
brownC50
newgramps
jim rinehimer
studly
cortjester
PRG & kathy
Mr E
pbryon
coffeeman & monica
deacon & jodi
pbrider & cindy
maria & jeff
monkeydunk & Carol
wintergreen

·
Premium Member
6,855 Posts
I have made contact with the motel I had in mind and they would welcome us with open arms. It's a beautiful place in New Milford, CT and has a large "back yard" bordering the Housatonic River (Ken may even get to make a fire), a very scenic setting. Dennis and I will visit them in October to do all negotiations, at which point we will set dates and start an official thread. We'll also be looking for an "overflow" hotel/motel in the area.

Stay tuned :)

·
Super Moderator
26,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looks like I should end up logging 30k miles on my ride next year just heading out that way every week to scout on places to eat....probably gain another 20 lbs too...all for a good cause I guess. Needless to say, bring your passports...Ct is quite a small state...rides that usually "start" in Ct have this unexplainable tendency to wander into directions unknown. May want to consider also packing an extra toothbrush in your saddlebag also. And so it begins...

·
Administrator
16,708 Posts
Dennis's idea of heading out for a quick local ice cream will be a ride to the Ben and Jerry's factory. :shades:

·
Premium Member
6,855 Posts
REGARDING THE ACCOMMODATIONS

As many of you know, the biggest question for a rally in CT was always "where to stay", so this is the one topic we would love to have covered early on; the rest will be a piece of Shoo Fly Pie.

This "teaser thread" is perfect for getting a rough idea of how many friends are (or are likely) to attend next year. We will not have exact dates until later in October, however, the rally will be pretty much at the same time as the previous ones (mid-September). My guess right now is that we are aiming at one of the following weekends:

First choice: Thu, Sept. 17 - Sun, Sept. 20

Secondary choices would be the week before or after

There is a good chance that friends from New England and Upstate NY, who haven't been to an OctoVR in a while will come next year, so this may very well require more room than what the primary motel can offer.

There is one motel right next door, and another about 1/2 a mile up the road which we will check out.

Thanks for replying with a quick "Yes" or "Likely" and we will ensure that everyone has a roof over their head ;)

Can anyone tell that we are really excited about this ???? :wayhappy:

·
Administrator
16,708 Posts
Yes - Arriving after work Friday, so Friday and Saturday nights

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
If Ken picks me up with his trailer I'll think about it.

I mentioned this in passing to DC but nothing official: I know a seafood place in Narragansett, RI that buys seafood from local fishermen. It's that fresh! We can get there back roads or highway and don't need helmets in RI (passengers need helmets).
I'm going to see if I can't plot a course and present it to him. I wish the deadline wasn't so soon.

·
Premium Member
6,855 Posts
Sounds good Steve! The ride planning phase will be a bit later on and is "open" to everyone's ideas. Ken knows the area very well. We WILL avoid highways at all cost; there is no need for that up here. I'm sure one ride will go into Upstate NY and Western Mass, perhaps as far as Vermont. Everyone is welcome to share ideas of nice roads, lunch places etc. of course :)

Okay, I put you down as "possibly attending but not sure due to distance" LOL

If Ken picks me up with his trailer I'll think about it.

I mentioned this in passing to DC but nothing official: I know a seafood place in Narragansett, RI that buys seafood from local fishermen. It's that fresh! We can get there back roads or highway and don't need helmets in RI (passengers need helmets).
I'm going to see if I can't plot a course and present it to him. I wish the deadline wasn't so soon.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.