2017 is locked in at Cooperstown, NY

·
Premium Member
9,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Super Moderator
20,425 Posts
been spending the nite here at work searching lodging ...came to the conclusion the best scenerio would be to use a place in the windsor locks area as a home base...this way friday for those coming up thursday nite or early friday to do a ride, we could do one side of the state and the next day, saturday, we could do the other side...plus, because of the proximity to the airport, it offers more lodging facilities as well as eating establishments thereby getting a better selection of both...finding $$$ to be anywhere from $55 a nite to $85 a nite and some including a free breakfast. Realisticly speaking , we won't be filling any place we book at and the likelihood for a fire...lets just say you stand a better chance of hitting lotto...but then again thats what I thought about our June stayover in misquamicut,RI earlier this year and we did find a place that permitted us to have a fire. Regardless, I'm sure the usual parking lot festivities shouldn't be an issue and the setting for such will be taken into account when conducting the search. Anywho...it can work here in Ct if people are interested.

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Dennis, I spent a few days near Candlewood Lake in New Milford and stayed at a place called "Rocky River Inn"...

New Milford Connecticut Hotels - Rocky River Inn

Ran by .. you guessed it, another "Babou" LOL. But very clean, lots of rooms and near to excellent roads and places (Kent is just north, Route 7, Route 202, easy into beautiful Litchfield County or NY State). The Snake knows this area pretty well I believe.

I know it's the far end of CT but closer to reach for many folks from south and west of CT. I'd be happy to talk to them and check pricing etc. if you like. Just another idea.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Dennis, I spent a few days near Candlewood Lake in New Milford and stayed at a place called "Rocky River Inn"...

Ran by .. you guessed it, another "Babou" LOL. But very clean, lots of rooms and near to excellent roads and places (Kent is just north, Route 7, Route 202, easy into beautiful Litchfield County or NY State). The Snake knows this area pretty well I believe.

I know it's the far end of CT but closer to reach for many folks from south and west of CT. I'd be happy to talk to them and check pricing etc. if you like. Just another idea.
That's the one place I thought might be able to accommodate our group. Never checked it out, but from the road it looked like a decent possibility. Very familiar with the area. Could put together a few decent rides from that location...one into NY and another into the NW corner of CT.

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
VERY clean place, modern rooms, lots of good pizza places/restaurants/package stores near, and even a place for a fire pit. I paid around $100 per room/night, but if we guarantee like 15-20 rooms, we will get that way down. I'd volunteer to tag along and pre-ride possible routes, and/or negotiate with Babou (I spoke to them briefly about our get-togethers).

·
Super Moderator
20,425 Posts
wold definitely be alot cozier for out setting and the location would be ideal for rides...again...food for thought for a future OFest if it appeals to the group.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts

Sounds ideal....

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Should CT be put out for a poll? I would love to have a rally in our smallish state, I think it has never been done before. I'd be interested in co-hosting for sure, could do the hotel negotiations, help plan rides, pre-rides, etc if okay with Dennis. I'm sure Kenny would co-host as well, since he knows that part of the state best.

·
Super Moderator
8,878 Posts
Or should Connecticut as a '15 location be talked up in Gettysburg, and a poll posted once that event is over?

Not advocating either way, just mentioning this thought.

·
Premium Member
9,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Should CT be put out for a poll? I would love to have a rally in our smallish state, I think it has never been done before. I'd be interested in co-hosting for sure, could do the hotel negotiations, help plan rides, pre-rides, etc if okay with Dennis. I'm sure Kenny would co-host as well, since he knows that part of the state best.

As Chris said, we will discuss the 15 OctoVRfest at Gettysburg on Saturday night, if you are proposing to host it, being prepared with details helps tremendously, if you can't make OctoVRfest, feel free to send the info to me and I will relay the details to the group. If there are multiple sites, we can work something out like we did a few years ago where one did it one year and the other did the next year.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
I agree. All three of us (DC, Snake and I) will be in Gettysburg and will be able to talk about the location, rides, etc. Would be nice if we could host this as a trio (if Kenny and Dennis agree and are both interested). If not, I would volunteer to host it for sure. How's that?

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
I'm planning for a big trip for 2016, so the O'fest is potentially off the table for me for that year. I don't want to commit yet to host/assist until I know for sure. Are we potentially talking just about next year for CT?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts