Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the threads say removed the 3 screws holding the panel on the tank and I only have one in the rear. I can't see much under but don't see a hook or something holding the front. So, what's the secret?

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
All the threads say removed the 3 screws holding the panel on the tank and I only have one in the rear. I can't see much under but don't see a hook or something holding the front. So, what's the secret?
There should be 2 more on the front cover of the speedo bezel. They are recessed into the chrome cover. Same size Allen head as the one on the rear.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay guys, there have to be two front screws you say but I'm telling you that mine does not. The front chrome piece goes straight down; no recesses, no flanges, no anything.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello from Aurora Ont...I have a 2013 as well .I have not removed the tank yet...only lifted it to fish a wire for a power supply but plan to remove the tank this weekend to run some wires for running lights. I just went out to the garage trudging through fresh snow...darn...to have a look. There is one bolt on the rear of the chrome bezel and there definitely looks like a coated hook that goes under the front of the tank from the front underside of the chrome bezel.. I won't know for sure till the weekend but it looks like the back would be lifted and moved forward a bit to allow it to be raised off the tank to unhook the electrics. When I raised the tank I only lifted the back end just enough. We might have to work through this together.
Ken

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Seems reasonable that a redesign has been offered on the newer models. Good luck.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kgn - thanks for the tip. I thought that might be the case but I could not see a hook of any kind in the front. I only knew that I didn't have any screws to remove. And, there's not a lot of room to push the pod forward in my case anyway. That's what puzzled me. I have a few more miles before the valve adj but I wanted to get my ducks in a row ahead of time. It's been in the 90s here so not much snow to deal with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts