Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rich,

Glad to see you have an impartial view. It is a great bike...but covered up in my garage is not where it should be. Glad to see your enjoying yours...the ad ons look great! Thanks for the note!

Bruce

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
Beautiful bike...will ask around to help you sell it. If I hadn't just got a new (barley used) one, I'd come get that one..Nice! And good price for all the extras.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
had a bike shop contact me and offer $4,000. I'm thinkin' that might be worth it to not have to deal with all the phone calls etc.

Is $4,300 out of line?

I appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks,

Bruce

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
had a bike shop contact me and offer $4,000. I'm thinkin' that might be worth it to not have to deal with all the phone calls etc.

Is $4,300 out of line?

Thanks,

Bruce
Good price for wholesale this time of year. If you hold out till spring you'll get more.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts

Is $4,300 out of line?

Thanks,

Bruce
sounds decent to me. Id take $4k today rather than wait for $4300 weeks or months later... you don't have people trying to meet at your house, people not showing up for an appt. negotiating with people in general... etc.

rv

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
The Price sounds excellent the motor cycle shop probably thought you were really looking for $4,000 and hence the offer call them back and tell them the $4,300 price is firm or negotiate and offer to sell for $4,200. Lots of folks price a little higher than they want expecting to sell for a round number near the asking price.

·
Registered
421 Posts
sounds decent to me. Id take $4k today rather than wait for $4300 weeks or months later... you don't have people trying to meet at your house, people not showing up for an appt. negotiating with people in general... etc.

rv
Do I sense some animosity towards the General Public RV? ;) JK

Do what Steve Miller preached, "take the money and run"....

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
So it comes down to whether a speedy sale without the hassle of "showing" her is worth $300 to you.... Only you can answer that. If you don't mind waiting, I think you could get up to $4500 for her.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry gang but since I sold the bike haven't looked at the website for awhile. The bike shop called back and bumped their offer...the old, "split the difference" thing. I took the money...but not running. I'll miss that bike. Hope to get a few projects done and look at getting back into it in a couple years...or whatever happens.

I'll be checking in on you guys now and then. Thanks to everyone for all their help!

Enjoy the ride!

·
Premium Member
2,893 Posts
Congrats!!! I thought you had a good price for a fine looking bike! Good luck in whatever is next.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Do I sense some animosity towards the General Public RV? ;) JK

Do what Steve Miller preached, "take the money and run"....
No animosity really. Just don't like meeting people at my house that may or may not show up and try to offer me considerable less than what we may have already talked about. You know that low ball cash offer that really bites...

Then you worry about the paper trail on the title that may or may not be transferred for weeks, months, etc. Guy racks up parking tickets or toll charges, that come back to your license plate.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts