Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
asking price reduced to...$4750

This bike has been sitting in storage for nearly 1.5 years. it has been started periodically and i just put a new battery in it 6 months ago.
***update - needs a battery!

I have the solo setup and the 2-up setup which can be put on in about 10 minutes...since this picture, I added passenger floorboards.

*custom batwing fairing painted to match
*it has a brand new back tire and battery
*i put in an HD radio w/cd, usb and bluetooth
*too many extra chrome parts here and there to mention

this was my daily commuter from when i bought it brand new in 2009-2011 until i switched to the darkside ;-)

I put 19K freeway miles on it in those 2 years.

the pictures are nice - but do not do the bike justice.

I am willing to consider any reasonable offer - she just has to go. I am even considering parting it out if it doesn't sell soon.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cant sell it and buy it both !!! How much do you want for it????
:)

well, that's the issue...i'm not sure what other will think its worth. i'd like to get $5800 for it - but i don't think i can get that unless i sell the fairing separately.

the bike is easily worth it - to me...but i know i have to find the right person who is looking for a daily commuter/bagger to appreciate the value of the extras.

luckily i'm in no hurry to sell it - but i don't want to sit on it another 6 months either...

·
Super Moderator
25,179 Posts
Very nice bike, but I don't really think you're going to get much more than $5k for it, and that's only if you hold onto it until spring. If you're not in a hurry to sell, I'd highly recommend holding onto it until around March, then put it up for sale.

Good luck though!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
What a beauty! Would kill me to have to part her out. Unfortunately, many of our prized upgrades don't fair well at sale, but they mean so much to us. Best of luck with a sale!

·
Registered
99,999 Posts
Nice bike. I like the faring.

Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks everybody...hopefully the right buyer will come along. if not i'll start stripping it down and selling the extras!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Gorgeous bike, very well kitted out Unfortunately, given the time of year and the current weather. . . I can't see anyone making an offer until early spring.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
I looked at a lot of bikes around this same year model when I was looking. While I am no expert, here is what I saw in ads. Many bikes with a lot of upgrades priced at around $4500 and maybe a little more. Many of these bikes had less than 7k on them. I saw a stock 2008 Vulcan 900 with like 800 miles on it for $4000 but nobody bought it. It seems the add-ons don't raise the value too much but hopefully make the bike more appealing to buy.

As I told my wife the other day, do you want to price your stuff to keep or price it to sell? I guess it all depends on how long you are willing to wait to get the price you want. Good Luck and I hope you find the right person to pay the price you are happy with.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Beautiful wheels

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
As others have said... Wait Until the riding season starts to sell it. This time of year dealers are selling low just to keep their bills paid and get old bikes gone. There are also a lot of those folks are selling for funds for new rides, let the market dry up a little.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Beautiful C50T that's obviously been well taken care of. If you decide to part a few things out, please let me know how much for the tank bib, drivers back rest, rear luggage rack, and the front light bar. Thanks, and GLWS.

·
Registered
316 Posts
If you find the right person ( someone that is looking for a bike that has the extras and knows the value ) they may be willing to pay that price. I know how you feel I just traded my 2005 with batwing fairing and hard bags and only got 2,700 The bike had over 30,00 miles on it so I do not think I did that bad. For anyone that is looking at this bike that wants to own a c50 with these options consider how mush it will cost to bring a stock bike to this point. I did mine on the cheep and the fairing and radio set up alone cost me about 1,200. A mustang seat will set you back another 400.00. Not trying to sell his bike for him just food for thought. If you are planning to do all the upgrades any way and you can find one with that already and done correctly might be worth the cost.

Just my 2 cents

·
Super Moderator
25,179 Posts
Man! I thought for sure this would go quick when the weather got nice? Do you have it listed on Cycle Trader? If I was looking to buy I'd snatch it up, she's a beauty.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
STILL in my garage :)

i guess i'm not trying to hard to sell it, but now i need room for my winter project bike.

$5200 ?!?!?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts