Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way home and it was starting to get dark. First i lost all of my lights and only had about 5 or so miles left before getting home. Then F1 and oil light comes on. Not long after that i lost my lcd and spedo (i was going 55 but spedo stuck on 70 when this happened). It was starting to get dark and was trying my best to get it home. I went about 3 more miles and the bike just stops running. It would turn over fine but wouldnt start. Its like nothing electrical is working. I also had condensation forming in the spedo and thats never happened.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Anything smoking or steaming that you noticed?Is it back home and if so whats the battery reading volt wise?

·
Super Moderator
3,197 Posts
I agree...^^^^^

First thing is to check the battery with a digital volt meter... should be at least 12.6V - if not, charge it with a charger that is not charging higher than 1 amp. If it is anything except an automatic shut down charger like a ''Battery Tender JR", Don't leave it connected for more than 1 hour without checking the charge voltage - don't let it exceed 14.6v.

While it is charging, have a visual check of all the fuses.... under the lower left side cover and under the seat. - from the sounds of it, most should be good...BUT!! Cover the bases.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Sounds to me like the infamous C90 rectifier/regulator/stator burn out problem. R/R is usually the first to go. If that is your problem check the Suzuki 1500 forum. DRJONEs has a complete wiring set up to remedy this. Also Metric Thunder has decently priced replacement parts. If you do business them enter FORUM under discount and you get 5% off. C90 is a great bike but it does require the electrical fixes or it will leave you somewhere between Buggywhip and Bumf^*k in middle of nowhere. LOL P.S.--don't ask how I know. Ride safe, Gary

·
Super Moderator
24,389 Posts
Is this a C50 or C90. If it's a 90 the rectifier sounds like the problem. If it's a 50, that's a really weird issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This might be a stupid question but how to i get to the forum for DRJONEs fix? I cant seem to find it. Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was on my way home and it was starting to get dark. First i lost all of my lights and only had about 5 or so miles left before getting home. Then F1 and oil light comes on. Not long after that i lost my lcd and spedo (i was going 55 but spedo stuck on 70 when this happened). It was starting to get dark and was trying my best to get it home. I went about 3 more miles and the bike just stops running. It would turn over fine but wouldnt start. Its like nothing electrical is working. I also had condensation forming in the spedo and thats never happened.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problem and went through several step to find out it was my Starter Relay Solenoid. dealer wanted 84.00 for the part, Ordered it for 15.00 online. 5 minutes to install....20 minutes to put the bike back together. Started right up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts