Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a new exhaust on my '07 c50 and am looking to get rid of my stock pipes. The stock pipes were removed at 400 miles and I have had the new pipes on ever since. $180....

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
What's a good way to put this? Don't wanna sound rude or anything, and I wanna let you down easy.

Your price is, I'd say, at least 50% too high. If you search Swap Meet for "stock pipes" or "OEM pipes" you'll find that most usually sell for $50-100. I picked some up for the price of shipping one time, and v01rider couldn't find a buyer for his and gave them to a local shop.

If you're looking to get that much, might wanna try eBay. Yes, your dealer will quote you a huge price if you asked them to order them for you. But around here that price point won't get you any takers.

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
I paid $85 for a set including shipping and they had less than 50 miles on them.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
TNrookie said:
What's a good way to put this? Don't wanna sound rude or anything, and I wanna let you down easy.

Your price is, I'd say, at least 50% too high. If you search Swap Meet for "stock pipes" or "OEM pipes" you'll find that most usually sell for $50-100. I picked some up for the price of shipping one time, and v01rider couldn't find a buyer for his and gave them to a local shop.

If you're looking to get that much, might wanna try eBay. Yes, your dealer will quote you a huge price if you asked them to order them for you. But around here that price point won't get you any takers.
I'm proud of you TNrookie. Your people skills are improved drastically. :lol:

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
I am interested... but not at this price. TNrookie is right.

BUT.... I can be reasonable...

PM sent. 8)

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
Sven...where ya been? It's been awhile since you've harassed me, I mean, since I've seen you around! :wink:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I still have mine, removed at about 1k miles and installed straight shots. Not going to sell in case I decide to sell bike some day will put stock back on and sell straight shots.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
I am a hibernating, one-eyed tiger :p

Good to hear from ya!

Thinking of putting stock back on my 05. I have the originals from original owner but they are drilled. I have heard they don't get much louder when you drill 'em but I dunno... do you?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts