Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have a 2006 Suzuki c50. Was out riding it the other day switched it off went to crank it back up and all the lights come on gas primes but when I hit the start button nothing. Yes I checked the kill switch lol checked the clutch safety as well as the kick stand switch all good. I did notice a high pitch whine coming from somewhere u set the gas tank area. I’m out of ideas guys help a girl out thanks

·
Registered
2004 Suzuki Intruder Volusia VL800K4
34 Posts
So if you've checked the safety switches, have you looked at fuses? If those look good, then i'd start looking at voltage regulator, stator, etc. I've not faced a problem like this, I'm only offering what I would do. Hope that helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So if you've checked the safety switches, have you looked at fuses? If those look good, then i'd start looking at voltage regulator, stator, etc. I've not faced a problem like this, I'm only offering what I would do. Hope that helps.
[/QUOTE

yes Ihave checked all the fuses and the safety switches all good. Also was able to put a wire between the pins on the starter solenoid relay and it cranks right up runs fine. But for the life of me I can’t find why it won’t crank by the starter button

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes Ihave checked all the fuses and the safety switches all good. Also was able to put a wire between the pins on the starter solenoid relay and it cranks right up runs fine. But for the life of me I can’t find why it won’t crank by the starter button

·
Registered
2004 Suzuki Intruder Volusia VL800K4
34 Posts
Well hopefully you can figure it out. Maybe a blown switch. Put a probe on each wire and see if youre getting juice to it. If not trace the lines back and find out where it disconnected? Just a thought. Good luck.

Eppur Si Muove

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well hopefully you can figure it out. Maybe a blown switch. Put a probe on each wire and see if youre getting juice to it. If not trace the lines back and find out where it disconnected? Just a thought. Good luck.

Eppur Si Muove
Thanks that’s the plan for tomorrow. Have ordered a new solenoid relay as well thanks again

·
Registered
682 Posts
switch on kickstand? mine would shut off while driving I oiled the piston and it ran fine

·
Registered
221 Posts
Just a thought or two from my end, was your bike in gear with the kickstand down? The gear position sensor will not let it start with the kickstand down and the bike in any gear but neutral. You can start it while it’s in gear but your kickstand must be up.
To expand on this, did you check the gear position sensor?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just a thought or two from my end, was your bike in gear with the kickstand down? The gear position sensor will not let it start with the kickstand down and the bike in any gear but neutral. You can start it while it’s in gear but your kickstand must be up.
To expand on this, did you check the gear position sensor?
No was in neutral

·
Registered
164 Posts
FWIW from reading these posts and others in the forum, my mental sniffer dog is looking at the starter button switch in the handle bar grip. Maybe corrosion/ accumulated dirt/ tiny bug. Might be worth a look as your bike appears to be around 14 yrs old, what's its garage environment history been like? Otherwise all other suggestions could be distinct possibilities.

If the problem persists consult your doctor . . . . . . . . in the hope that he/she moonlights as a Suzuki mechanic :LOL:

Reactions: Spookey74

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FWIW from reading these posts and others in the forum, my mental sniffer dog is looking at the starter button switch in the handle bar grip. Maybe corrosion/ accumulated dirt/ tiny bug. Might be worth a look as your bike appears to be around 14 yrs old, what's its garage environment history been like? Otherwise all other suggestions could be distinct possibilities.

If the problem persists consult your doctor . . . . . . . . in the hope that he/she moonlights as a Suzuki mechanic :LOL:
Lol thanks Ohm out the switch it’s good also figured it out it was the starter relay replaced it now the bike starts n runs. Starter relay tested good but must have been faulty

·
Super Moderator
21,755 Posts
good to hear you are up and running again. Ride safe.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had the same problem with my '08 C50. Turned out to be the wire that feeds the starter solenoid had chaffed thru and shorted out when i tried to start it. Hope this helps

1 - 14 of 14 Posts