Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new to Suzuki’s. I wanted to do a tune up to my wife’s 2006 S50 boulevard. I saw in the service manual that it takes 10w-40 oil and sae 90 final drive oil. Does anyone have recommendations on what brand or type I should run on engine oil, final drive oil or coolant. Is there any other things I should change for a tune up? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
19,430 Posts
Oil is oil is oil is oil. As long as you use an oil that is rated JASO MA and does not have an friction modifiers, then it doesn't matter. I ran my bike on top shelf full synthetic 10w40 changed every 3500 miles and my engine puked anyway. Just don't use "automotive" oil as this has molybdenum, graphite and other friction modifiers intended to improve lubricity. These accumulate in the friction plates of your wet clutch and will eventually cause it to slip. Also, the tips recommended here are for the C50 and the M50. The S50 does not share any components with either of its stable mates and has the unique distinction of still having a carb.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts