Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a hard time finding a good used front fender for this bike. Hard to find a used front fender that isn't a total piece of sh*t. Anyone know of good aftermarket ones for this year? First Suzuki so have no idea whats out there for this bike. Or if any of you guys have a good oem one that youd like to sell let me know. need asap.

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
Beauty of the VL800 series is that it has a long model history and used parts shouldn't be that hard to find. I have had good luck on eBay with several bike salvage folks. Check it out, check their feedback and you should find something pretty quickly.

Ride Safe and Often

·
Registered
21 Posts
I been looking for a long time. sadly as you mentioned the new ones are way overpriced and used ones even broken people seem to think are gold and wants to turn some major profit.

I am pretty sure I've seen and I'm gonna try just a standard touring fender from a Harley, there seems to be aftermarket choices for around a hundred bucks.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Wow!
Your not getting out for less than about $200. min

·
Premium Member
8,031 Posts
I think the real reason you’re having trouble finding a good one on eBay is the time of year. EVERYONE is either riding or desperately trying to get their bike rideable right now.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
You should probably go on a search for a seat or handle bars...anything BUT a fender.
It will probably show up then.
That's how things work for me.

I go to the flea market one weekend, and everybody and their brother has a skill saw.
A week or two later I go back looking for a skill saw, and I might as well be looking for a seven legged two headed Unicorn.:grin2:

·
Registered
21 Posts
FYI. What I've learned so far. Most Harley fenders as far as I can learn have a bolt pattern of 2-3/4" on center. And in the Fatboy and Wide glyde supposed to be about 6-3/4' wide. But I think they use spaces to fit on Ultras, and the other models so they must be wider.
It appears my 02 Vol. Is roughly 3-1/2" center to center and about 7-3/4" wide.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I think I still have my stock 06 skins in my brothers shop. I will call him and see. If I have them still they are yours for shipping cost.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a front fender that's in excellent shape! It's off a 2004 that only had 3400 miles on it, I bought the bike for parts, no title. Will $150 + shipping work?

·
Registered
143 Posts
If he doesn't take it, I may be interested.. what color is it? Does it come with the inner metal bracket for that $150? I sold my stocker when I went 21", then sold the 21, and need a stock fender. Doh!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts