Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I’ve seen about 100 different won’t runs runs rough forums about the c50 but I can ever find the solution at the end of the forum so I have a 2005 c50 and it will start and run but won’t idle backfires when running sometimes can’t even ride it because it won’t pick up the throttle I just picked it up last weekend I adjusted the valves on it because I’ve seen a lot about valve clearance on other forums so I tried still does the same thing I went and did digging and found the fuel pump was replaced with a quantum pump looks brand new tank is clean no rust all fuses relays seem good replace injector seals plugs are new with bright blue spark every time I take plus out seems to be wet with Fuel so I got to thinking it may be dumping too much gas but I don’t have the slightest clue about injectors so if there is anybody out here that can help me resolve my issues I would greatly appreciate your time and efforts thank you!

·
Super Moderator
4,310 Posts
Throwing out the welcome mat for your first post...Greetings from the Battlefield of Gettysburg!!
Ride safe, but just ride!

·
Registered
19,423 Posts
Did you run a compression check? Anything below 152psi is considered worn out. Also more than 20psi difference between the front and rear cylinders is considered worn out as well

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
went through the throttle body and injectors last night will have an update soon tank is clear no rust anywhere looks like a brand new bike

·
Registered
64 Posts
Check fuel pressure. Regulators failing on older C50's is not unheard of. Low fuel pressure (my '05 tested only at about 15psi- the regulator was totally blown out, fuel spraying out of the diaphragm). It would start, but pretty much wouldn't idle, had very low power, and generally ran like crap.

Of course Suzuki does not sell just the regulator (or the filter), only as part of a ~$500 tank assembly. I ended up scoring a used tank assembly off ebay and poaching the regulator and filter. It was off a later year, but the reg/filter were indentical.

Aftermarket vendor HighFlowFuel I saw sells replacement regulators for Vstroms, which looks very similar to the C50 one aside from the inlet nipple is on the side, rather than the bottom. I suspect with a slight mod to the bracket on the C50 you could make it work (virtually every motorcycle fuel injection system is ~3 bar)

·
Registered
19,423 Posts
The C50 uses throttle body injection. The injectors are located at the base of the throttle body, one per air horn.

·
Registered
603 Posts
kewpie doll

1 - 15 of 15 Posts