Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
When I push the starter button, sometimes she start and sometimes I get nothing at all. If I mess around with the button in different ways, it eventually fires. Battery is good and solenoid fuses are good. I'm thinking it's an issue with the button itself, unless I've overlooked something. Anyone else have this issue or have any input ?
Thanks in advance, appreciate all advice.

·
Super Moderator
34,437 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

Could potentially be the starter going bad. You can put a multimeter on the switch and check it.

·
Super Moderator
26,146 Posts
also ride a 06 c90...have had similar issues like yours...have found the problem to be in the starter relay and the clutch switch...aside from that bike has fared well...over 80k miles so far. Good luck

·
Registered
2000 Intruder VL1500 - 2007 Burgman 650 - 1993 Honda Helix
38 Posts
Same issue here. Most of the time I'd get a lite "click" and nothing else. Starter checked good. Start switch checked good. Wiring harness between switch and solenoid checked good. Solenoid checked somewhat good, so I installed a new one. Still same problem. Turns out it was the safety switch located on the clutch handle that was the issue. I (ever so carefully) disassembled the switch, cleaned the contacts, coated with dielectric grease, and reassembled. Now all works like a charm!!

·
Super Moderator
26,146 Posts
may want to try spraying some electrical contact cleaner in the starter switch...or like stated above disassemble and give a good cleaning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts