Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty new to all this but I picked up a buddies old c50 to try and get it running. Probably been sitting a year or two. I changed the oil, new gas (tank seemed pretty clean), new battery. It wasn't starting and I thought it was a fuel issue so I took out the pump and cleaned the fuel filter and made sure the pump was working. Started easier after that but still wouldn't idle unless I was giving it gas. So I had the injectors cleaned and its still not idling! The FI light is on when the battery is on but turns off when I start the bike. Any help is appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'd probably start with checking fuel pressure. Looking for ~43psi at the tank outlet. Failed regulators or weak pumps on older C50's is not unheard of. They'll run with low pressure, but very poorly. Bad idle, very low power, generally run like crap.

If that's good, I'd do a compression check on the engine, which is a good indicator of the engine's overall internal health. Unfortunately, internal engine problems on C50s even with lower miles is not unheard of either. Any idea why it was parked in the first place?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts