Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I have a 2005 c50 13k miles for sometime now and I really like it. Now I saw a 2013 C50T 5K on Facebook (looks gorgeous and very clean) and I bought it, got it home, drove it couple times and I feel the difference.
My old one is louder and faster versus the new one is a bit quite and slower not the same response from my old one.
I replaced spark plugs/ rear gear oil and air filter in my old one.
Has anyone experienced something like that or are they built exactly the same??

·
Registered
21,201 Posts
There is no difference between the bikes. The engine and transmission have not changed since introduction in 2001.

·
Super Moderator
33,528 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

They're basically the same bike, Suzuki had changed very little since 2005. Possibly the old bike has a fuel processor on it, or was altered in some way to get a bit more pep out of it. Or... it could all be in your head. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
129 Posts
Greetings, welcome to the forum. I echo the above two comments, same bike, different year. Until you purchased the newer bike, you got used to the older bike, the way it rode, the way it handled, now a different bike, may seem different but in time, you will not be able to tell the difference.
Ride Safe.

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
What color is it ?....... I've always found red bikes to be faster......:p Welcome from Oklahoma. The smart-ass state.😁

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys, I have a 2005 c50 13k miles for sometime now and I really like it. Now I saw a 2013 C50T 5K on Facebook (looks gorgeous and very clean) and I bought it, got it home, drove it couple times and I feel the difference.
My old one is louder and faster versus the new one is a bit quite and slower not the same response from my old one.
I replaced spark plugs/ rear gear oil and air filter in my old one.
Has anyone experienced something like that or are they built exactly the same??
After I adjusted my valves my C50t gained power and it was louder.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts