Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that most everyone on here already has there bike but maybe you know someone that's looking. Very clean bike and low miles (2850). I installed the lowering kit, forward control kit, pair valve removal kit and added the windshield, light bar, sissy bar, driver's backrest, pullback risers, license plate lay down, manual cruise control, tank divider, custom grips and saddle bags. The pipes have also been debaffled and demickeyed. I am asking $5300 for the bike but will always consider all offers. Thanks for looking. There are a couple of pics in my album.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Re: 2005 c50

kjc50 said:
I know that most everyone on here already has there bike but maybe you know someone that's looking. Very clean bike and low miles (2850). I installed the lowering kit, forward control kit, pair valve removal kit and added the windshield, light bar, sissy bar, driver's backrest, pullback risers, license plate lay down, manual cruise control, tank divider, custom grips and saddle bags. The pipes have also been debaffled and demickeyed. I am asking $5300 for the bike but will always consider all offers. Thanks for looking. There are a couple of pics in my album.
Very nice bike.. and 2850 miles!!.. wow.. going to be frank with you, would love to have that as my first cruiser.. Ohio eh? What year?

Thanks

·
Registered
394 Posts
You know, I keep coming back and checking out those pictures. Although this one is in Ohio and Im from Arkansas, I am pretty sold now on the fact that this is the exact kinda deal I am looking for. The bike is exactly the bike (even color), I have been picturing myself riding up to Mount Magazine for the last 2 years now. Thanks for providing if nothing else, a great sense of confidence that the bike I am looking for is out there.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Ya know I had a friend who moved a Harley from California to Utah by contacting a guy who hauls used cars across the country.

I believe back then it was like $100.00 bucks.
Now unfortunately it will be more money.

This might sound crazy, but maybe someone who moves horses would pick-up and deliver.

Ya never know...

·
Registered
394 Posts
JimKo said:
Ya know I had a friend who moved a Harley from California to Utah by contacting a guy who hauls used cars across the country.

I believe back then it was like $100.00 bucks.
Now unfortunately it will be more money.

This might sound crazy, but maybe someone who moves horses would pick-up and deliver.

Ya never know...
lol, so what are you trying to say? We don't have cars down here in Arkansas?? We gotta find the Horse delivers??? :roll:

But ya, might have an idea.. I haven't looked into seeing how much shipping was for those, but I figured prob around 500 or so.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I had more time, I could deliver it to Arkansas. Depending on where you are in Arkansas I could possibly take a long weekend and make the trip. Used to go from here to Houston in a weekend (not round trip) but, I haven't done the all day and all night trip for a while.

·
Registered
394 Posts
kjc50 said:
If I had more time, I could deliver it to Arkansas. Depending on where you are in Arkansas I could possibly take a long weekend and make the trip. Used to go from here to Houston in a weekend (not round trip) but, I haven't done the all day and all night trip for a while.
Well, it would definitly be a heck of alot shorter than houston. Fort smith is center of state on the Oklahoma border. Dallas is still 5 hours away from us. Anyways, yeah.. did some pricing lookups and it's consistantly about 600-650 ranges for the major transports it appears.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Jungle said:
kjc50 said:
Well, it would definitly be a heck of alot shorter than houston. Fort smith is center of state on the Oklahoma border. Dallas is still 5 hours away from us. Anyways, yeah.. did some pricing lookups and it's consistantly about 600-650 ranges for the major transports it appears.
That's a freight cost delivered on a pallet....right?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm pretty easy going, I'd probably do it for my fuel cost and throw in a few bucks for food stops. The wife would probably like to make a little trip through Tennessee again.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Yeah, that was pallet transport..

kjc50, this seems like a very good deal, 05 with low mileage, lots of nice addons, bike looks great and if you are willing to drive it down here then obviously mechanically u trust it quite well.

5300 is def in my price range. Will talk with the wife tomorrow and PM you.

Thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The bike has absolutely no issues. I hate to even get rid of it but, I just don't have the time to ride with a 1-1/2 year old. Definately mixed emotions on the whole thing but, I need to make the move and when I have time in the future I'll get another one.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Good luck on the sale of your bike. If I run into anyone, I'll send them your way!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
sent you a PM I have a friend who is going nuts to see this bike I live in Ashley and he lives in Marengo just need A phone #

Six

·
Registered
22 Posts
Gave friend your # hope you can make a deal! If I was in tha market for a bike He wouldn't have gotten your #!!! :twisted:

Six

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A deal is in the works

Bike will be on hold till Wednesday night. If he comes through with the cash, it will be sold. Thanks to everyone for their replies and interest. I'll update if anything changes. I'm really sad to see it go.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Good luck!.. hate to see it go myself and if it was within 300 miles it would probably be already gone by me, lol.

After looking around today, I might just be getting a new 07 and then start buying some accessories as I go along. I would have proabably walked away with it today for 5993 if he would have just said yes to the 2 70 dollar helmets I asked for. This next weekend we are going to look at about 3 other dealers in another city and see what they have to offer. I'm going to bet though he is going to change his mind about those helmets tho before then.. but we will see. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My baby went home with her new owner tonight. Missing her already. Congratulations Bob, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. You guys will probably be seeing him around here....I told him about the site and he's been checking it out. I hope to join you guys again once my son get's older. Take Care.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts