Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had some issues with my ignition switch and Suzuki told me it was not part of the recall so they wanted $308 to replacement. Naturally I said I can do this myself and then the problem came.

I have wired the ignition properly as all the lights come on and the bike will attempt to start the issue is that I am getting a F1 and the flashing red light. Not sure what step I missed to cause this.

Can anyone tell me what I did or did not do to? would really like to get this fixed finally.

Little extra info:
Simple on off ignition
have one wire connected as the hot
other 3 wire connected to 1 main wire then to terminal on switch

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The fuel pump did kick on but it not like normal just ran for half a sec and cut off. The bike had power and the engine turned over just acted like no fuel.

This is what I have done to fix it:

Cut the hot wire (red) on the ignition side and created basically a kill switch with the new ignition.

The other wires are still wired through the old switch.

The old switch is let in the on position at all times. The new switch (I decided to hide it on the bottom side of the right side cover) now controls power but not the rest of the ignition.

Basically I just created a kill switch with a key, kind simple but served my purpose.

P.S.
I did read Sticky's post but did not really understand what I had done that caused the problem.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I believe that your problem is the same that most people have when they try to modify the ignition switch. There is a resister in the switch and if you aren't hooked up right, things just wont run right. I could be wrong though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.