Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have a 2005 Suzuki C50.

Today I pulled off the front wheel to take it in and have a new tire put on, and after I put the new tire back on, the brake pads are squeezed tightly against the caliper causing the wheel not to spin. I have also lost pressure in the brake handle. Does anybody know what to do to fix this? I am slightly confused as to why I lost pressure in the brake handle because air was never introduced into the brake system.

Thanks,

Logan

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Did you actuate the brake lever with the wheel off? Remove the brake caliper and inspect it all, compress the pistons in with a used brake pad and c clamp or a tool made for this. It could be a stuck piston.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay so I compressed the piston and now everything is how it should be except I still don't have any front brake pressure in the brake handle. I am going to assume that I will need to bleed the brake line? Could someone walk me through the sequence to bleeding the line on these bikes if that is in fact the case?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Pretty much the same as car brakes (well, older cars). Put a clear tube on the tip of the bleed valve and run it into a jar.

Open the bleed valve
Squeeze the brake lever in and hold
Tighten the bleed valve
Release the brake lever

Repeat sequence until no air is in the exiting fluid. Keep the master cylinder full as the fluid level will drop rapidly. There's not much in the system.

It will go easier if you have a helper. I sent you a PM.

This could be a blessing in disguise. If your fluid has never been changed and it's an '05, it's long overdue. I have an '05 too and just changed the brake fluid recently. It was nasty.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
It's a small system. Doesn't have to be much air to screw it up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts