Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is what is going on.
2003 VL800. Vance and Hines Straight Shots, K&N Air Filter.
I did a rejet when i bought the pipes and K&N. here is what i did.
Before: 155 main jet, 27.5 pilot, needle on the 3rd notch, mixture screw 3 turns out.
I just recently bought a pilot jet so i can get faster warm ups.
Now: 155 main Jet, 32.5 Pilot, Needle on the 3rd notch, mixture screw 3 turns out.
After i changed the pilot jet, the bike was sputtering and backfiring and upon inspection i found the Needle was not seated properly causing it to flood at low rpms. Fixed that.
Now the bike is hesitating really bad. Bike idles fine, but there is a hesitation in the throttle when it is cold. Thought it would go away but it is not. It seems like i have a vacuum leak somewhere. I hear a hissing(or similar sound) when i start it with the choke out. I took the tank off already and inspected all the vacuum lines to the carb, pair valve, and air cleaner. No leaks. In the mornings the bike is gutless now. It hesitates all the way across the throttle when cold. From 1/4 to Full. Today it wouldnt get over 70MPH til i rode on the fwy for about 15 minutes. When the bike warms up, the hesitation isnt as BAD but it is still there.

HELP ME! What is going on? Could i have a vacuum leak from where the carb seats to the top of the engine(the boot)? could i be having a needle issue? Someone on here has got to have had this issue in the past.

Need all the help i can get.

Thanks in advance:crying:

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
If you have the stock air box that may be the problem as there is still a choke point. Try drilling out several air holes in the bottom of the football to increase available air.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.