Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Any progress on getting the engine to turn over? I had a bad connection in the ignition switch on mine once.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I disassembled the starter button and removed all corrosion that was between the connection and still didn’t work, so I started it with the solenoid and got it running and then after I walked it down my ramp off my porch as soon as it got flat again it cut off and wouldn’t start back up 😒
Any progress on getting the engine to turn over? I had a bad connection in the ignition switch on mine once.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I disassembled the starter button and removed all corrosion that was between the connection and still didn’t work, so I started it with the solenoid and got it running and then after I walked it down my ramp off my porch as soon as it got flat again it cut off and wouldn’t start back up 😒
Sounds like you still have a loose or intermittent connection. I'd double check all your ignition and starter button connections.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I have the same set on mine too. That OEM kit for the 2001-2004 (maybe for the C50 too) is a known cause of electrical issues. I placed a relay in line to take the load off the ignition switch. The wiring harness it comes with runs all the power for the lights through the ignition. Behind the neck covers there's a green plug that will sometimes over heat. It did on mine. Sometimes the current will even burn up the switch contacts too. I'd start with the ignition switch and follow it back to the lights and that plug under the neck covers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I have the same set on mine too. That OEM kit for the 2001-2004 (maybe for the C50 too) is a known cause of electrical issues. I placed a relay in line to take the load off the ignition switch. The wiring harness it comes with runs all the power for the lights through the ignition. Behind the neck covers there's a green plug that will sometimes over heat. It did on mine. Sometimes the current will even burn up the switch contacts too. I'd start with the ignition switch and follow it back to the lights and that plug under the neck covers.
The ignition switch or starter button?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Does the headlight and brake light come on with the ignition switch? If not, it's probably in that plug or the ignition switch.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts