Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok all you Motor Co enthusiasts and anyone else that wishes to opine, I need your help. I have an opportunity to buy an older VRod as a 2nd bike. Approx 30K miles, recent valve lash, all maint current, EC. Anodized silver with the solid wheels. The owner is ready to unload it and says he will take any reasonable offer. What do you think?

I have a number in mind but want to hear everyone's opinion.

·
Administrator
57,118 Posts
A tidbit of info here; HD stopped making the fuel pump and fuel gauge for that VRod model in 2006, and those parts for 2007 and later, allegedly do not fit that bike.

Also, using Ethanol in that machine is a no-no, or so I've read.

FWIW: I'd keep My offer below $3500....but then that's My .02 contribution.

Reactions: Vol4Life

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A tidbit of info here; HD stopped making the fuel pump and fuel gauge for that VRod model in 2006, and those parts for 2007 and later, allegedly do not fit that bike.

Also, using Ethanol in that machine is a no-no, or so I've read.

FWIW: I'd keep My offer below $3500....but then that's My .02 contribution.
That's excellent info regarding the fuel pump and guage!

·
Administrator
29,813 Posts
Ok all you Motor Co enthusiasts and anyone else that wishes to opine, I need your help. I have an opportunity to buy an older VRod as a 2nd bike. Approx 30K miles, recent valve lash, all maint current, EC. Anodized silver with the solid wheels. The owner is ready to unload it and says he will take any reasonable offer. What do you think?

I have a number in mind but want to hear everyone's opinion.

Why not, but how cheap is cheap?

·
Super Moderator
65,634 Posts
I checked NADA as have access to a commercial account.

Throw a number at me.
Why would I throw a number at you if you already know what it's worth?

I generally find out what people want, cut it in half, and then pay 3/4 IF I really want it. Dealing with a dealer is different. A lot of times people on the street have more money than brains.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Why would I throw a number at you if you already know what it's worth?

I generally find out what people want, cut it in half, and then pay 3/4 IF I really want it. Dealing with a dealer is different. A lot of times people on the street have more money than brains.
Book value is a just a guide. Just thought I'd ask for everyone's $.02 for kicks. Psycho gave some useful info that firmed up the "worth to me" value. Not sure if the seller will see it that way.

·
Registered
21,173 Posts
Book value is just a guide? What are you, a used car salesman?

Low ball offer would be $5000. Prices range from $5400-$7000 depending on condition and market location.

Go ahead and pitch $3500. I doubt they'll take it, since that's below trade value. But who knows. it never hurts to ask.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Book value is just a guide? What are you, a used car salesman?
Yes, just a guide. No, Credit Underwriter with years experience with direct and indirect auto financing. I've also repped bank-owned autos at major car auctions here in NC so I know firsthand how the "book" is not always on the money.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.