Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are many old post about 2002 VL800 cranks, but don't start. The bike was running great before sitting for about 1 year. It has a stage 1 jet kit, k&n filter and Vance & Hines full exhaust. The bike will crank all day and only start sometimes. I cleaned the carbs and changed spark plugs. After weeks of trying to diagnose the issue, I finally figured out what was wrong. I went to start the bike and engaged the clutch and I slightly released the clutch and the bike started. Each time I did that the bike will start. So, I removed the clutch switch (its under the clutch lever) and opened the switch by releasing the tabs and cleaned the contacts with an Q-tip and rubbing alcohol, now the bike starts everytime. I ordered a new clutch switch also, it was like $11.00.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good 2002 Volusia DS. I believe if you disconnect the connection you can use a wire to bypass the switch. I hope you get it started.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sadly, that wasn't it. Vacuum issue, somewhere. I can drain gas out of the carb, so thats presumably not the issue. Been working at it for weeks. Might be time to spend some money and let someone else figure it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts