Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 VL800, bought last year, very low mileage (Under10K Still) Stored in a garage for the winter (Michigan). Tried my spring start up today after charging the battery for a couple hours. Before I could get it started, saw some smoke from the ground terminal on the battery. I shut it off for a bit, powered it back up, no lights, no nothing... Checked all the fuses, pulled then none were blown. Replaced them and the bike powered back up. (lights, LED display etc...)
As soon as I hit the starter, everything went dead again. Pulled the fuses again (The fuse block right at the base of the gas tank) again, no blown fuses and it powered up after I replaced them with the same result. Any Ideas?

A little background; The previous owner had a couple things wired straight to the battery, some speakers and an auxiliary charger port (To allow you to put on a portable charger without removing the seat) I plan to remove all that extra wiring and trace the ground wire to the battery because the fuse that is causing the problem is the one on the ground side of the fuse block. Any wisdom would be appreciated...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, just found a Tube video that enlightened me to the fact the the fuse I was pulling was just a spare. (Hahaha)
will check the correct fuse block next... (Left side under the chrome cover?)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts