Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Suzuki vl800
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My starter switch won’t work I have gone and put a new switch’s on the handlebars and nothing I went to the starter Solenoid and it’ll try to start but won’t turn over I’m getting no spark from the spark plug wires or anything I don’t know why the starter switch on the handlebars isn’t working it’s plugged in and hooked up to the brake handle please help

·
Registered
21,402 Posts
Have you checked the 30a main fuse? Good place to begin.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Check your 15 amps fuse for Ignition too, not only 30 amps for starter. Did you change out spark coils?? just wonder because My bike does the same thing when I ordered wrong coil (there are two kinds of spark coil, long coil for 2001 to 2004 VL800 and short coil for fuel injected) Short coils blew fuse and it won't start neither firing sparks. So I ordered correct coil (long coil) and finally I was able to fire up and run with no issue. So Check that one too..

·
Registered
68 Posts
I hate to sound like the tech support guy, but I'm Gonna say it. Did you check the kill switch? I've done it and read other posts before.
It's just odd that first the switch didn't work, then no spark.

Other stupid ideas is the kickstand lol switch.

Are you saying you wired in a new switch just like the old and now it turns but no spark, or just when you jump the solenoid it turns with no spark?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts