Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still love my C90. I am so happy I came back to a cruiser. :wayhappy: Anyone else switch bike styles lately? How are you feeling about the change?

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Good to meet you in La Crosse, however brief our chat was.

I don't think I'll ever change styles. I'm too old for anything different other than a trike someday.

·
Super Moderator
25,580 Posts
i would like to switch or add a sport tourer to what I'm riding now... c90...maybe one day...had the opportunity recently but stayed with a c90 again...no regrets.

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
I still love my C90. I am so happy I came back to a cruiser. :wayhappy: Anyone else switch bike styles lately? How are you feeling about the change?
What made you switch back to a cruiser from the Connie?

I made the switch to a sport tourer 3 years ago and have not looked back.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What made you switch back to a cruiser from the Connie?

I made the switch to a sport tourer 3 years ago and have not looked back.
Ultimately... boredom, which I know sounds crazy. Every corner, every ride was just smooth on the Connie to the point that I could not find corners that were a challenge or fun because I would need to be going so fast to make them fun. I mean I would have to be going fast, for example 120+ in sweepers that had a speed limit of 55 just to feel a little pull. Now I can go a reasonable speed that won't result in me loosing my license and get the same feeling.

Also with the Connie my wrists started giving me problems due to a little forward lean. I realize I could have fixed the forward lean easily but I chose to go back to the lounge chair cruiser. Also my Connie was getting to the point that I needed to do another valve job and after the first 2 I was not going through that again (two people 10-20 hours depending on what issues are found along the way). The cheapest anyone will do the valves and tune up around here is $1200 and if they are below that they never did one. Also the tire pressure monitoring system was due for a replacement (sensors in the tires). And my Key-pass system started to give an occasional error which made reliability an issue. Nothing worse than needing to ask a guy to use a hammer to hit your key with to get the button underneath unstuck due to humidity or what ever else! So that got me thinking I want a simple bike I can do everything on as all the sport touring bikes keep getting more and more electronics on them which fail and are really expensive. The one thing I miss is ABS. If I could have two bikes I would have my C90 (or in future Victory Cross/Indian Chieftain) and a rocket of some type. I like both styles but for everyday commuting etc. I mainly would ride the cruiser.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Went from an old 80's sport bike to a cruiser. Absolutely love my c50. I may add a bigger cruiser someday but will hold onto this bike because it's light and comfortable and handles decent. It's not fast, but I don't care.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Oh, I have a friend who rides a Honda st1300 and he is bored with it. He changes his mind from wanting a big cruiser to wanting a sportbike. He's 60, not sure about him on a sportbike, but whatever works.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good to meet you in La Crosse, however brief our chat was.

I don't think I'll ever change styles. I'm too old for anything different other than a trike someday.

Good to meet you too...a trike is a big change to me and it would probably be hard to decide which style on those too! Two up front or two back!

·
Super Moderator
65,647 Posts
The 2 up front handle better and look like sportbikes as well as the seating. Kind of like a snowmobile with tires. Probably where a lot of the technology came from.

·
Super Moderator
9,561 Posts
This Spring I took a chance on a Honda CTX700, a bike that's ... well, kind of a hybrid between a cruiser and a sport bike.

It has a 680-cc parallel twin engine, but it's tuned more like a cruiser. And it has a cruiser riding posture.

I'm loving the change from a heavy v-twin.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Rode standard style of bikes and dirt bikes for decades. Went to the C50, it was okay but after 2 years grew to hate the position, mechanical clutch, inefficient brakes, and overall ride. Got intrigued by the CB 1100, looked at the different models of them and settled on the '13 ABS model. Back to riding the type of bike I'm use to. Inline 4, chain drive, hydraulic clutch, not sitting on the tailbone, and not scrapping floorboards all make me happy. I smile ridding any motorcycle style, but the CB takes me back to my roots.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rode standard style of bikes and dirt bikes for decades. Went to the C50, it was okay but after 2 years grew to hate the position, mechanical clutch, inefficient brakes, and overall ride. Got intrigued by the CB 1100, looked at the different models of them and settled on the '13 ABS model. Back to riding the type of bike I'm use to. Inline 4, chain drive, hydraulic clutch, not sitting on the tailbone, and not scrapping floorboards all make me happy. I smile ridding any motorcycle style, but the CB takes me back to my roots.

I'll admit the only thing Honda makes that catches my eye these days is the CB1100. Adding ABS was a great plus too. Great bike.

·
Premium Member
9,382 Posts
I’ve gone back to cruisers, twice now.

First a Goldwing, then dabbled on ADV touring recently. The extreme performance gain you initially get is intoxicating, but again, for me, it gets boring after a while, and I start riding almost reckless to get that adrenalin rush.

The limitations of the cruiser just fits my riding style better and as Beezer would say, makes me look bada$$ :razz:

Ride what you like brothers and sisters. peace.

Reactions: Woodswoman
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.