Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm a new '06 C50 rider in north central Ohio. I work full time as an audio engineer, I'm married as of 9/28/13, I have two daughters 1 and 3yrs old, and I'm also an avid disc golfer. I got the itch early while around my father and uncle on a Honda VF750 and a classic Honda 750 Super Sport. I'm recently coming up on 12 months sober. I've decided to continue remaining sober. So the wife and I decided that me riding a bike now was ok. For me, it's a lifelong dream coming true. :wayhappy: Looking forward to the advice and knowledge available here. 1st project I have is adding some powder coat black Lindby highway bars. Planning my first run through Delaware County on 229 towards Mt. Vernon as well. Safe travels to all. I'll be Gratefully Ramblin' :shades:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll add Mohican to my places to visit. My buddy actually just recently mentioned that area as well. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,893 Posts
Howdy from Kentucky

Lake in Tennessee

Set up a disc course on my farm a few years back. People thought I had invented something. Still get talk about how fun it was.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow, the # of responses I got a was surprising. Thanks everyone! I'm glad to see an active forum especially that has tons of info on my bike. I'll be adding pictures as I update her. Now, I don't know about you but it's going to be 50 here in Ohio today. I'm going to get some road time in.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Welcome from Elmore, Ohio-110 miles north of you. Somewhat familiar with Powell as both our children live in C-bus. You're within easy range of a lot of scenic riding-Hocking Hills, and all of SE Ohio for that matter, one direction, Bellefontaine , West Unity and Ohio Cavern area to the west. But it is hard to beat Mohican-Loudenville-Mifflin areas for sheer beauty. For Ohio it's about as much elevation changes as you will find. While up there, check out Malabar Farm, and for great eats at fair prices the Mifflin Inn is very good.

·
Super Moderator
20,481 Posts
welcome to the family here and a big congrats on your one year anniversary... just celebrated my 21 year anniversary...ride safe and enjoy being a dad. Priceless.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome from Elmore, Ohio-110 miles north of you. Somewhat familiar with Powell as both our children live in C-bus. You're within easy range of a lot of scenic riding-Hocking Hills, and all of SE Ohio for that matter, one direction, Bellefontaine , West Unity and Ohio Cavern area to the west. But it is hard to beat Mohican-Loudenville-Mifflin areas for sheer beauty. For Ohio it's about as much elevation changes as you will find. While up there, check out Malabar Farm, and for great eats at fair prices the Mifflin Inn is very good.
Thanks for the tips on some areas to ride. I also love to eat so the Mifflin Inn is going on my list of places I should stop sometime. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts