Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im going to try and add a little humor to a very sombor subject. 1st off let me stipulate that in my 1st wreck I required no medical attention and my bike was not totaled!
Ok now the story.
I took my bike a week ago to have it serviced for the summer. I live in a small town and the nearest reputible mc shop is 50 miles away. I get an early start and take off at about 0800. I roll into town and am crusing down a main thourughfair by a car lot. Lady in a POS 78 Trans AM rolls out of the car lot into the street without stopping right into my path. Im about 40 feet away when I see this. I try to brake and avoid to begin with but I brake to hard and my rear wheel starts to slide from under me. I let off, and in the split second I decide that its too late to avoid and figured I was going slow enough (35) that I might be able to stop in time if I lock'em up and I PROBABLY wont die. If I do wreck. it will be less damage than laying it down. So I lock'em up and slide right into her front fender. After the colision, I am still in my seat..my jeans (suprisingly) dont have a brown streak in them and all in all im ok...my bike is a different story. Once I realize im fine...now im pissed. I climb off my bike, rip my sunglasses off my face. "GOD **** IT!!!!" Sun glasses go flying off some where between the car lot and the street.
At this point I realize that everyone is staring at me. Including the lady I just ran into. She has a look in her eyes that looked like she was preparing to beg for her life to a knife wielding madman!:violent:. I composed myself and told her I was fine and to call the cops. At this point, this 42 year old (probably high on queludes) ***** procedes to fret about her piece of **** car and how she has had it since she was 16. after 5 minutes of this I finally get my own phone out and call the cops myself...During the accident investagation...turns out this hoe is the daughter of the car dealer! (guess I should have acted a little more hurt!) All in all not too bad. front fender, wheel, rim, spokes, forks, and fork covers. All told about $2600 damage, a fat lip from smashing my face on the windshield, a bruise on my thigh and some sore muscles...could have been a whole lot worse....So...Rachael Spady of North Platte Nebraska....this story is for you.....you *****!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
awwww you guys edited me!....no fair!!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
good to hear your ok... hope it gets all paid for and no money out of your pocket. always scary to hear about crap like that, but crap hapens. in the long run your ok, no one was hurt bad. hope your bike gets fixed fast and can ride again soon.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Glad you are fine, glad you calmed down before the dealer twisted it to you threatening his baby and had you arrested. Bikes can be fixed or replaced. You is the important part.

On the other hand, a hard stop will ALWAYS be shorter then locked up brakes. Not always easy to do in a panic situation but practice helps alot. I "nearly" avoided my own crash do to hard, not locked braking.

·
Premium Member
2,893 Posts
Was the Trans Am ok?

J/k glad you were not hurt more than you were. Good that you were able to handle the situation as well as you did. And really glad your jeans didn't have a brown streak, hard to get out I hear. ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Updating on replies...insurance says the tire was %50 worn so they would only pay to replace half the tire (any suggestions on how to get around that?) I knew better than to completely snap and get arrested...I dont think my Police Chief would look very kindly upon that! The lady's insurance is taking care of it all ...except%50 of the tire. The TA needs a new fender and is fine. I missed NOTHING on the cougar...if your not from Nebraska "Spady" is a huge name in the car dealer industry...she was NOT one of the prize winning Spady's....she looked ridden hard and put away wet.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Updating on replies...insurance says the tire was %50 worn so they would only pay to replace half the tire (any suggestions on how to get around that?) I knew better than to completely snap and get arrested...I dont think my Police Chief would look very kindly upon that! The lady's insurance is taking care of it all ...except%50 of the tire. The TA needs a new fender and is fine. I missed NOTHING on the cougar...if your not from Nebraska "Spady" is a huge name in the car dealer industry...she was NOT one of the prize winning Spady's....she looked ridden hard and put away wet.
Insurance works in strange ways. You only get a brand new tire if a brand new tire was damaged in the collision. Otherwise, it's considered "betterment".

·
Premium Member
2,893 Posts
I dunno. Things are changing so quick, I am probably wrong..again. However the last time I was involved in a wreck it as yours, was not my fault but theirs. The other party, my neighbor, did not want to pay a cent. I heard this with my own two plonking ears. Their agent told her it was her fault, out of her hands and he would do anything reasonable to make me happy and did. Including new parts that I had just mentioned in passing. Cannot image them holding out for 50% wear on tires.
Again it is their fault, the girl and now her insurance agency :wtf: is only paying a percentage of tire?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Yeah that sounds a little shady, if the wreck didn't happen you wouldn't need a new tire anyway. Lawyer up :violent:and go for depreciated value too! Haha, can you even do that with a motorcycle?

·
Registered
413 Posts
So im going to try and add a little humor to a very sombor subject. 1st off let me stipulate that in my 1st wreck I required no medical attention and my bike was not totaled!
Ok now the story.
I took my bike a week ago to have it serviced for the summer. I live in a small town and the nearest reputible mc shop is 50 miles away. I get an early start and take off at about 0800. I roll into town and am crusing down a main thourughfair by a car lot. Lady in a POS 78 Trans AM rolls out of the car lot into the street without stopping right into my path. Im about 40 feet away when I see this. I try to brake and avoid to begin with but I brake to hard and my rear wheel starts to slide from under me. I let off, and in the split second I decide that its too late to avoid and figured I was going slow enough (35) that I might be able to stop in time if I lock'em up and I PROBABLY wont die. If I do wreck. it will be less damage than laying it down. So I lock'em up and slide right into her front fender. After the colision, I am still in my seat..my jeans (suprisingly) dont have a brown streak in them and all in all im ok...my bike is a different story. Once I realize im fine...now im pissed. I climb off my bike, rip my sunglasses off my face. "GOD **** IT!!!!" Sun glasses go flying off some where between the car lot and the street.
At this point I realize that everyone is staring at me. Including the lady I just ran into. She has a look in her eyes that looked like she was preparing to beg for her life to a knife wielding madman!:violent:. I composed myself and told her I was fine and to call the cops. At this point, this 42 year old (probably high on queludes) ***** procedes to fret about her piece of **** car and how she has had it since she was 16. after 5 minutes of this I finally get my own phone out and call the cops myself...During the accident investagation...turns out this hoe is the daughter of the car dealer! (guess I should have acted a little more hurt!) All in all not too bad. front fender, wheel, rim, spokes, forks, and fork covers. All told about $2600 damage, a fat lip from smashing my face on the windshield, a bruise on my thigh and some sore muscles...could have been a whole lot worse....So...Rachael Spady of North Platte Nebraska....this story is for you.....you *****!!!

The important thing is you walked away to ride another day

·
Premium Member
3,627 Posts
Glad to hear you walked away.

and even censored, we're able to fill in the blanks :)

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts
Broberts, Glad you are here to tell about it.

May I ask what color helmet and jacket you wear?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Insurance will only cover 50% of the tire? Perhaps you could ask them to recommend a shop that sells half-tires. Insurance is a scam.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Lol

Insurance will only cover 50% of the tire? Perhaps you could ask them to recommend a shop that sells half-tires. Insurance is a scam.
Haaaahaaha.....that's good s**t!! Go after them for "mental anguish" as well in your efforts to locate a tire that is only 50%!!!

The absolute important thing though is that you are truly OK!! I know they say that "it's not if you will have an accident, but rather when." And with that said, I do not look forward to any contact with anything on my bike other than the two tires on the road.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts