Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
as some of you may be aware, i'll be having my first experience in 10 years of riding and of also being a Progressive insurer. Have heard and read all the horror stories about some bad experiences some here have had...keeping fingers crossed this part goes without too many headaches....

bike is totaled...05 c90..other party was at fault..police involved..pretty much cut and dry. Now also have additional coverage covering up to 2k of added accessories. Very glad I got that now.

Told my agent monday I will deal with them on this and not the other party...thats why I have collision. They had me sign a release at where the bike was towed to so they get the bike and take it to their garage for their adjuster specializing in motorcycles to begin the process. Did that tuesday...got a call from the guy yesterday, wednesday asking me to list whatever I could remember I added to the bike just in case he misses something. Emailed him a list of pretty much what I could remember and got a reply "thanx for the detailed list"...
list of added pieces...

shield memphis shades
handgrips kuryakyn
power outlet kuryakyn
brake pedal pad kuryakyn
iso hand grips kuryakyn
chrome battery cover
chrome swing arm cover
cobra fatty hiway bars
chrome neck covers
memphis shades lowers
suzuki light bar
turn signal visors
chrome side covers
master cylinder cap and connectors connector caps
billet fork cap set
national cycle fender tips front and rear
passenger backrest mustang pad
mustang 3 piece seat (front/rear/driver backrest)
cobra brake caliper cap
easy brackets
willie & max saddlebags
cobra sissy bar
highway bar foot pegs kuryakyn
sissy bar luggage rack
passenger floorboards kuryakyn
live to ride air cleaner cover

brand new rear tire less than 100 miles

figure that should cover the 2k coverage...told me he should be able to get back to me hopefully by monday. So far Progressive has been "gentle" and understanding...wonder if THE BIG RIDER UP THERE has someone who specializes in this to watch over the process and make sure things go right...

of course not important BIG GUY...you took care of the most important thing already. The rest is moot.

keeping fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Yes, we have to give it up to the BIG GUY IN THE SKY..... without Him we would have nothing.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I will be following this closely since I also have Progressive Insurance for my motorcycles

·
Registered
772 Posts
I have progressive and they were excellent when my saddle bags were stolen. I got prices for the replacement bags and liners, which the adjuster said I didn't need to do, that he would have done it but it saved him time. He asked about labor for installation and I told him there wasn't any. They are designed to be taken off and put on so I will just put them on. He said that won't do so he added $200 for labor and wrote me out a check on the spot for the price of the bags and liners, $200 labor and minus my deductible. Easy peasy.

·
Registered
102 Posts
My son has Progressive. They were very responsive and fair when he had an accident with bike damage last year. I've had nothing but good experiences with Progressive. Hope you have the same.

·
Administrator
29,600 Posts
as some of you may be aware, i'll be having my first experience in 10 years of riding and of also being a Progressive insurer. Have heard and read all the horror stories about some bad experiences some here have had...keeping fingers crossed this part goes without too many headaches....

bike is totaled...05 c90..other party was at fault..police involved..pretty much cut and dry. Now also have additional coverage covering up to 2k of added accessories. Very glad I got that now.

Told my agent monday I will deal with them on this and not the other party...thats why I have collision. They had me sign a release at where the bike was towed to so they get the bike and take it to their garage for their adjuster specializing in motorcycles to begin the process. Did that tuesday...got a call from the guy yesterday, wednesday asking me to list whatever I could remember I added to the bike just in case he misses something. Emailed him a list of pretty much what I could remember and got a reply "thanx for the detailed list"...
list of added pieces...

shield memphis shades
handgrips kuryakyn
power outlet kuryakyn
brake pedal pad kuryakyn
iso hand grips kuryakyn
chrome battery cover
chrome swing arm cover
cobra fatty hiway bars
chrome neck covers
memphis shades lowers
suzuki light bar
turn signal visors
chrome side covers
master cylinder cap and connectors connector caps
billet fork cap set
national cycle fender tips front and rear
passenger backrest mustang pad
mustang 3 piece seat (front/rear/driver backrest)
cobra brake caliper cap
easy brackets
willie & max saddlebags
cobra sissy bar
highway bar foot pegs kuryakyn
sissy bar luggage rack
passenger floorboards kuryakyn
live to ride air cleaner cover

brand new rear tire less than 100 miles

figure that should cover the 2k coverage...told me he should be able to get back to me hopefully by monday. So far Progressive has been "gentle" and understanding...wonder if THE BIG RIDER UP THERE has someone who specializes in this to watch over the process and make sure things go right...

of course not important BIG GUY...you took care of the most important thing already. The rest is moot.

keeping fingers crossed.
DC,

Progressive had a check in my dealer's hands before I was out of the hospital with my last crash. They included my bags and shields as standard equipment, paid the deaer for the touring edition of my bike and then added on the 2K for accessories. And my rates went down...

·
The Village Idiot
5,021 Posts
I had Progressive a LONG time ago for my cage. I didn't have a problem with them. I would probably be using them now but they aren't in the group rate that I get through my work with Liberty Mutual. We also use a couple others, but Progressive isn't one of them unfortunately. I haven't been able to come close to the rates I get with anyone else outside of the three we have. And they deduct it right out of my paycheck so I never really notice a payment, no worries about it.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
I think it's time to start feeling a little whip lash if the pricing goes the wrong way.

PS Where is the corpse being sent the rear end could end up a DJ drive if anybody's listening.

·
Super Moderator
20,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think it's time to start feeling a little whip lash if the pricing goes the wrong way.

PS Where is the corpse being sent the rear end could end up a DJ drive if anybody's listening.
right now its in their garage somewhere new britian, ct...

·
Super Moderator
20,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Would it be worth it to buy it back (after settlement) and part it out?
rather not...lots got destroyed in the accident plus upon getting the bike on the flatbed the guy dragged it along the ground to get winched up onto the bed of the flatbed,,,that was hard to watch...guy really had no choice. Very little left that wasn't damaged in some way or other. Took my trunk off...my tank pouch... a pic I had on the handlebar and my shield pouch...the rest was moot.

·
Super Moderator
20,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
so picked the check up yesterday...on a scale of 1-10...pretty much a 10.

accident on saturday the 12th...monday went down to the local office and filed a claim ... told to call their 1-800 number within a few hours and will be able to speak to the agent assigned to my case...call a few hours later and speak to agent who tells me i should be hearing the next day from the guy who will be appraising the damage...tuesday contacted by appraiser and told to go down to the place where mc was towed to and sign a release so they can tow it to their garage...told to remove the plate if i wanted it and whatever was in the saddlebags or personal...asked me to list whatever add-ons i could remember...wednesday bike was picked up by progressive and towed to their garage to inspect and evaluate. thursday contacted by appraiser told my submitted list helped, bike was totaled...still waiting to hear from other ins company and everything should be settled by the beginning of the following week, Monday I hear nothing and by tuesday I'm on the phone with them asking about the progress. Tell me should be all set soon and by wednesday they are calling me to explain how they came to the figure they will pay me and after i agree to their figure they tell me I need to sign some final papers when i go to pick up the check. Before all this I had researched the bikes nada value and I also have additional coverage for 2k in accessories. I had figured around mid 7's...

So bike's book comes in around $5400...add in the $2k additional coverage and add another grand for what I learn is already included as part of my package to cover items damaged in the accident...be it gear..whatever...throw in the tax all the above adds up to and then subtract my deductable of $250 which i will get back when the other ins co antes up...pick up a check for around 9k.

First dealing with Progressive...all went smooth. Everyone involved made every effort to make this stress free and acted very professionally. Glad I have Progressive.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Bummer to have a bad experience to get a go experience from your insurance company.

Now, what ya gonna buy with it?!!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
I have Progressive also. But I prefer to take your word for the quality of their service.
How are you and Barb feeling now?

·
Super Moderator
20,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
coming along...just dropped barb off for her pt...guess she'll be doing that 3x times a week for 6-8 weeks... my coloring in a certain area is returning back to normal slowly...still feel like my groin area was used for target practice in a karate competition... more concerned everything returns back to normal down there...time will tell...other than that...coming along.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts