Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this was kind of interesting.
Not my cup of tea, but thought it might stir some interesting conversation.
2 days left.

·
Registered
939 Posts
  • My buddy had an 81 red and black one when I first started ridding. I had the same year and color CM400. I think he enjoyed dusting me...but he was a very safe rider and I learned some worthwhile skills from him. He sold the bike a few yrs after we started riding. It was a shame but still way too much bike for me. So off it went. Still have great memories of riding behind those 6 cylinders. 😎😎

·
Administrator
52,351 Posts
Ain't she sweet!
I recall the first time that I was up close to a Honda 750 four.
During the Fall of 1969, and I was riding My 80cc Suzuki, actually doing some minor off road riding along with another guy on a small Yamaha enduro bike.
Then a dude with a Honda 750 four cylinder stopped by, and later, when we all left the area, I thought that Honda four sounded just like a Chevy Corvair.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm betting whoever buys it will have to replace every last bit of rubber on it before doing anything.

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
BBQJoe: That's a given, for sure. Going to take some real attention to detail and patience to bring her to life and not screw it up. Back in the mid-70's I bought a '74 Triumph Bonneville and a Tiger, both in the crate. (Long, funny story). I put them away and got the Tiger out in the mid-80's. Didn't pay a lot of attention to putting it together and starting it. Had problems from day 1 and was chasing issues until the day I sold it. (I was young and stupid back then...now I'm older and still stupid). I still have the crated Bonneville. Tempted to uncrate her, but not sure if it is worth more to leave it crated and let someone else deal with resurrecting it. Sure would be less of a hassle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts