Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19,430 Posts
Only 2 Harleys in the list? I cry foul! Evidently the author never rode the 883XL.... For that matter, the entire AMF years should qualify for this list of shame.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Looks like he posted the Indian bobber twice.
The Roken isn't a motorcycle, it's a trail bike.
The one's I've seen (never ridden) are two wheel drive, and have the ability to store extra gas in the tires for really long excursions.

It's a pretty cool machine though.
Here's the Russian version.
Let's see a Harley do this:

·
Super Moderator
56,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad to see you guys were paying attention and never once had any bias. Ever consider running for public office? :p

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
AMF ? i think they were reviewing bikes from this century . time to let go of the past.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Well Scrap, I ride an 883 XLH rigid mount and I think it does exactly what I want a bike to do.......is it perfect? Not hardly.....is it a good bike? Nooooo. Is it a FUN bike to ride? Yes.........and that's what I was looking for. A fun day ride bike.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well Scrap, I ride an 883 XLH rigid mount and I think it does exactly what I want a bike to do.......is it perfect? Not hardly.....is it a good bike? Nooooo. Is it a FUN bike to ride? Yes.........and that's what I was looking for. A fun day ride bike.
I ride an 883 also, I've ridden many rice burners also, but I feel good on my American bike. Trouble free ride.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
My best motorcycles. All street bikes, so dirt, enduro, adventure are a different subject and worthy of their own list. PS.I don't really care that your list is different, that is what is so great about motorcycles.

Road King - The ultimate convertible motorcycle. See the USA, one up, two up. Can be set up in minutes to touring with tour pack, has cruise, abs, heated grips, or cruise, solo seat, sans QD windshield, or any combo in between. 230 mile range and 40+ mpg, and enough power to pass quickly.
C50 - C50T - Able to cruise or tour and is the ultimate affordable option. Limited only by smallish fuel tank that limits touring range out West. It has adequate power and is a great looking motorcycle. Honorable mention to Vulcan 900.
Triumph 900 Bonneville or Thruxton. A cruiser and semi tourer with bags, but the ultimate retro, in style and name. Good range, and fun to ride. A ideal weekender with bags. Honorable mention is Moto Guzzi V7 racer.
EVO Sportster. Timeless, reliable, absolutely fun to ride, and the ultimate bike to modify in the style you want. Leave it alone, cafe, tour, naked, chopper, even off road, this affordable machine is one of the most enduring motorcycles. Limits are small gas tank, but only the brave need to go more than 150 miles before getting off.
DL650. While there are some very close rivals in this game, the Wee Strom can do it all. Add bags and a trunk and head out on logging roads, BLM roads and cross America on dirt. It is not a dirt bike, but the affordable off road touring machine, a slightly gentler version is the Versys. But once behind the handlebars, who cares about the brand.
The Rebel. 250 ccs, Reliable and probably the greatest errand running. Hey, I just don't want to pedal, but just want to smile while I run 10, 20, 50 miles to pick up a screw, or toilet paper if you live in an area with shortage. Honorable bikes are the CBR 250 or Suzuki's TU250 vs the Ninja 250R Kawasaki. It's your choice of std vs race styling. It is mostly about body position.
Older, vintage bikes. Here, one must consider the BMW airheads. From the 60s and 70s, these standards set the standard for reliability. Hard to mod, most survive as stock and still fun to ride. A few models of the Guzzi also fit into this market. But these bikes can cruise, tour, and like that timex commercial, they just keep on ticking.

I know, did I miss a lot of styles and sizes, but the are not for me.

Also, just so you know why I posted this list...it's snowing again!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts