Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I guess depending on the year of the bike you don't have to replace the cables and you can just re route them and they will fit even with 12" apes. I recently just purchased some 12" apes myself and was curious. I found a few treads saying that if you have a year prior to 06 c50 that they made the stock cables a little longer and if you reroute them that they will work.

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will, once I receive the apes. Just trying to be a bit proactive in case I can't get my stock ones to work. The apes I got is 35" tip to tip and 12.5" height, so I'm hesitant it will work without new cables. Regardless, its time for new cables anyway.

I have Highway Hawk V-bar and I love it, but it's too wide for Italy.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yea buddy. I don't know if I got lucky and they were already aftermarket for the 8"risers that were on the bike. Whatever the case it worked. Spent $100 on materials including apes amd risers them the brake hose. Everything else was done in my garage. Hopefully it works out for you. I love saving money and I know everyone else does to. Best of luck keep us updated.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just went ahead and ordered all new cables and hose. Needed new ones anyway. Ill let you guys know how it work. Hopefully I ordered the right stuff. If it does ill post the sources.

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How did your order go? Getting ready to install some soon as well.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Use the vendor one of the guys posted earlier here. You need to measure the required length for the pull/push throttle cables. 6+ was a bit too long. They get stiff if they are folded too tight. luckily I had raised the tank to add a more aggressive look and had a bit of space under it to tuck the excess. The 6+ on the clutch was perfect and the so did the 6+ on the brake hose. I ordered these cables from eBay. Also, I had to add an aluminum plate for the cable connections on the throttle hand control box. I'll post some pics later.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts