Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't ridden in 10 yrs and when I did it was on a gxsr 600. Thought that id try my hands at an adult bike. Just got a 2017 c50 and I love it. Chrome everywhere. Can't wait to put some miles on the girl. Look forward to learning more about the cruiser community. I'm looking to get some ideas about some upgrades. Need saddlebags maybe take my daughter for some rides together. Let me know what you have...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome from Illinois!! I was in the same boat as you I had a 2006 GSXR-1000 and the performance and power was amazingly awesome. Now I've got a C50 and the power doesn't compare but the comfort is so much better and my wife is so much happier and comfortable sitting on the back! You made a great decision getting a C50 and I agree I love all the chome as well. Enjoy riding and have lots of fun and of course welcome to the group!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,627 Posts
Welcome from Florida :)
Don't forget to find a big, empty parking lot to practice in.

·
Super Moderator
19,665 Posts
unless the seats got better in 2017, may want to consider a Mustang or Ultimate to replace the seat. After the newness wears off, you'll notice. Good luck, enjoy the new toy and ride safe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
More or less in the same boat Anthony. I sold my 2000 Marauder back in 2006. I just purchased a 2006 Boulevard M50. I had rented an Indian Scout and a Victory Octane in the past couple of years but I still consider myself a re-entry rider. Really like this scoot. I have the stock seat (my old Marauder had a Mustang) and no sissy bar. Does anyone know what a good sissy bar is for the M50? I have only seen a really expensive cobra and one on Amazon that I don't trust will fit right. Thanks for any advice in advance. KTRSD

·
Registered
141 Posts
HeyoooH from SE Pennsy!

Welcome and sign up for the basic riders course, I took a 24 year hiatus from riding and the course was definitely needed...

·
Registered
576 Posts
More or less in the same boat Anthony. I sold my 2000 Marauder back in 2006. I just purchased a 2006 Boulevard M50. I had rented an Indian Scout and a Victory Octane in the past couple of years but I still consider myself a re-entry rider. Really like this scoot. I have the stock seat (my old Marauder had a Mustang) and no sissy bar. Does anyone know what a good sissy bar is for the M50? I have only seen a really expensive cobra and one on Amazon that I don't trust will fit right. Thanks for any advice in advance. KTRSD

you can find a lot of c-50 parts on ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/08-Suzuki-Boulevard-C50-Saddlebags-Saddle-Bags/173874443727?hash=item287bb975cf:g:Uv4AAOSwWGda~dtU

also there were changes in 2008 and newer from the 2007 and older so make sure it will fit

1 - 14 of 14 Posts