Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed twin slash staggd's on my 2009 c50. Everything fit perfect except where the header pipe goes into the exhaust port. The flange on the pipe that goes into the port is about 1/4" deeper than the stock pipes which keeps the bracket from seating flush against the outside of the port. Almost like V&H forgot to allow space for the gasket. I tightened down the bolts and there doesn't seem to be any leakage from the port. Has anyone else had the same problem? Is it OK to run the bike like this? I have contacted V&H and am still waiting on a response.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Do you mean the bracket doesn't make contact with the exhaust port on the engine itself?

It's not supposed to, even on the oem headers there's a small gap. On my dads cobra drag pipes there was a much bigger gap because the header was thicker. If it made contact with the port itself then your wouldnt get the full torque on the crush gasket.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That makes sense. The bike seems to run normal, except for some minor popping and back pressure on deceleration. I've heard Smartpartz quiet baffles can help with that so I may try that if it gets to be too much. Thanks for the response.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.