Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

So I finally decided to stop being a cheap SOB and buy myself a windshield. As luck would have it, my lil brother had a windshield that he doesn't use (go figure) and offered it to me; all I needed was the mounting kit and lowers. This system is called the National Cycle Switchblade Quick Mount Kit. I went ahead and looked up the kit/lowers and had 'em shipped over. However, despite the site/vendor/manufacturer's opinion that the parts would fit an '08 Boulevard C50, they do not seem to fit. At all. As far as I can tell, the screws on the spider brackets are not long enough to hold the mounting screws, let alone the lowers as well.

I'm at a loss here; has anyone else come across this problem before?

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,198 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes; that's the kit I'm using. To clarify: when I put the spider brackets on the fork, the bottom bracket fits snug, however the top bracket is very loose. Then, to add to the problem, when I try to place the chrome plate/cowling over the bracket, there isn't enough space on the screws to fit the knobs, let alone the lowers.

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts
I have the same set up.
YES they are tricky. Just like Chinese puzzle.
Take your time. Don't over torque. Check torque once a month for the first 3 months.

This is a nice system. You will love the lowers. Especially if you are tall.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I never thought I'd say this, but good thing it's still winter; I'm not losing any riding time while I mess with this thing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts