Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have scoured all over the internet researching and looking at photos of different windshields for my M50. I like the OEM one but wow is it hard to find. One local dealer quoted me $625 CAD for what I assume is just the shield, no mounting hardware, part #990A0-70013. So that doesn't seem likely. What is similar to it style and size wise? But obviously with a much better price. Out where can I find one for a reasonable price? I've tried local buy and sells(Facebook, kijiji), eBay.ca, amazon.ca, fortnine.ca

·
Registered
19,696 Posts
The OEM windscreen comes with mounting hardware. Aftermarket windscreens typically do not. The inverted fork on your bike poses a problem in that you are limited to only windscreens and mounting hardware that will fit. There aren't a whole lot of options, outside of OEM, Memphis Shades, National Cycle, etc. Every one of them are with a few dollars of the other, so there's not much by way of savings, either.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Have you tried searching for places around you that sell used motorcycle parts?
That’s how I found the Boulevard passenger backrest for my 06 C50 last month.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you tried searching for places around you that sell used motorcycle parts?
That’s how I found the Boulevard passenger backrest for my 06 C50 last month.
I have not yet. I have two places that I'm aware of. I guess I can make a couple phone calls.

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
I have a National Cycles Switchblade on my Volusia and absolutely love it. It comes on and off as needed, looks great and with the two-up height, I have little buffeting. Definitely cheaper than OEM and the quick mount, dismount is really convenient.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts