Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly, I searched the forum for similar issues but didst see anything that fits the bill.

I have an 07 C50 that I bought the other day, im pretty sure the PO stored her without that much gas in the tank. On the test ride the gas gauge was blinking indicating a low tank. Filled up when I got home and now the gauge is only showing 1 bar.

I'm assuming that the float is stuck, but is there anything else that may be causing this to happen?

If the float is the problem how should I go about fixing it
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Have you tried looking into the tank with a flashlight to see the float? Maybe you could manipulate the float with a stiff wire to see if the reading level changes. You could syphon out a lot of the gas to better inspect the interior of the tank with a small mirror and light. If there is much rust, you may have to take the tank off and do a rust treatment or even remove the fuel pump and float assembly. A product called EVAPO RUST works good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!
Ill ride till its empty haha then take a look. I sure hope its not rusted though probably one of my least favorite things to do to a bike is treat the tank.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I ran into a similar problem on my 08 C50. Turns out one of the sending unit wires worked its way loose from wire harness connector underneath the fuel tank. Some disassembly, a touch of solder and she was good as new.

The factory service manual has a whole diagnostic section on the fuel sending unit. E-mail me if you need the links to download the manual covering your bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts