Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am finally able to get back to riding after having my knees fixed. My bike has been stored for the last 3 years. New battery, new plugs, new oil and filter, turns over won't fire. Had the stabil in the fuel but 3 years is 3 years...so I drain the tank and it comes out brown. Take the fuel pump off and it's cover in what I can only call varnish. Start to clean things out and the rubber pieces in the fuel pump assembly just fall off. Same with the fuel pump wiring harness just falls out.

Got new fuel pump online, new strainer, new hose, etc... but I cannot find the regulator and the other little parts that go between the pump and the top of the plate anywhere. They certainly look like they should be replaceable but I can only find the whole "plate assembly (15410-39G00)" online. Suggestions? I have cleaned out these parts the best I can but since I have everything out and it looked that bad I'm inclined to replace them. Surely there's a better solution than buying the whole thing for about 300 bucks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey I've got my bike taken all apart, cleaning rust out of everything. Most likely replacing fuel pump. What did you end up doing with your situation? I've been looking into the idea of just buying the pump only. The thermistors should still be good, I don't want to replace anything but the pump & filter. Any ideas?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went to my local dealer and according to them the whole fuel pump assembly is not a serviceable part and should be replaced as an assembly. They had an assembly they had swapped out of a C-50 that had a bad fuel pump they just let me have. I ended up robbing the needed parts off the assembly and rebuilt mine with a pump kit off ebay.

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
the whole fuel pump assembly is not a serviceable part and should be replaced as an assembly.
I picked up a known good complete pump off e-bay for that very reason. I keep it as a spare.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts