Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
ONce the money comes together I'll be ordering a really good full face helmet. As of right now, I have a 3/4 helemt with a face shield. Don't go anywhere without my helemt, armoured jacket, jeans and ankle covering sturdy shoes.

Sounds like a pretty crazy accident, I'm glad your going to be alright. Only two weeks after the accident now, I'm sure you're still soar. Get well soon and ride your new (insert really awesome new bike here) to the court proceedings when you sue him for all he's got!

·
Registered
22 Posts
heal quickly

Glad to here your not hurt to bad. I ALWAYS wear my helmet i want to be around to watch my 3 boys grow up!!! Hope your back on 2 wheels soon and gods speed.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Wow, that sounds like one that was impossible to avoid. Glad to see that you made it through without serious harm.

I'm with everyone else in the full helmet, jacket, jeans and boots... Even in the close to 100 degree heat we've had lately, it's tempting to go without, but you never know when you'll need it.

Now that a couple of weeks have gone by, have you given any thought to what you'll get to replace your ride?

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
Glad you're ok, Helmet saved my husbands life last year too....

So what bike are you going to get next????

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Hope you're healing well and speedily darlin... you just can't trust anyone...
I got hit head-on (just starting up from a red light) once by a guy making a left turn into traffic.. I was going straight.. thank heaven I had a helmet on.. I did a face plant into the hood of his car.. I don't think we had full face helmets then.. it was what we call a 3/4 now, had a flexible shield.. still broke my nose.. and yep...he said he didn't see me... I guess he didn't see the semi that was behind me either......... hard to see when you're not even looking......I always wear a helmet now, although I must admit in summer I get lax and don't wear my full face.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts