Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have an 04 intruder Volusia cooling system question. How do you check it? There is no "window" like the oil reservoir has that I can see. I think they put the coolant window on newer bikes but I cant see one on mine.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
262 Posts
On the 02 Volusia I once owned there was a window cut out on the shifter side of the bike on the lower rear chrome plastic cover. The view through the cut out was pretty much useless, I always ended up removing the chrome cover to see the over flow bottle.
I’ve attached a couple screen shots of the digital manual I have. Hope it helps.
6A9E5991-01D4-409F-8B4F-F242012A37D7.png
B360C6E5-D365-430C-A830-B0EC48B81076.png

·
Registered
2 Posts
I really am hoping we finally found the reason for my coolant drop. and overheating. There is a small hose behind the air cleaner box. I noticed white flaky deposits and a short hose that was bulging. To say that the engineer who designed this was not a mechanic, is clearly obvious. It is an absolute nightmare to replace. A solid line would have made much more sense in my mind. Parts are all on order and it is the last part of the cooling system that has been changed. Hopefully I can confidently ride what is otherwise a great bike!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts