Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 04 died after shutting down --- no electrics , lights , nadda. Got it hauled home in my truck & sat on this site for a day to get ideas. Tore into it today & in 20 min found the harness plug to the ignition switch burned on the red lead pins for the battery feed . Wired an outside bypass
line in & walla.
From all the posts it looked like an overload due to my spot lights adding extra wattage. --- But after talking to my electonic tech buddy it looks like the funky small pins in the connecter plug are just not designed heavy duty enough for the load. Any arcing at that point just causes enough amprage to burn the pins & eventualy diconnect.
I'm going to go with him & assume a design flaw & ride-ride-ride.
I will also post this in that help thread.
Thanks to all the posts that help me find the problem. Now if I could only find where that clear drain line connects up front under the tank ????

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I thought I read that Suzuki had a recall on the ignition switch etc on the 04s

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
johbren said:
I thought I read that Suzuki had a recall on the ignition switch etc on the 04s
nooooooo that was 05's.... Volusia's never had a recall..... only C50s

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you are talking about the clear drain line that I think you are, that connects to your carb. There is a fitting on the carb that the line slides over. If I am remembering correctly you have to remove the fuel tank to get to that fitting on the carb.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Drain line connected

pilot85 said:
If you are talking about the clear drain line that I think you are, that connects to your carb. There is a fitting on the carb that the line slides over. If I am remembering correctly you have to remove the fuel tank to get to that fitting on the carb.
Thanks ---- connection found. Bike runs great in the garage. Raining up here in the north & will have to wait for the shake-down cruize.

Thanks again to all!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts