Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've built this bike,. My first bike ever, based on mostly information I got on this site... I just realized all those threads that I've built this bike from our years old. Does anybody still use this site?
20191228_145233.jpg
20210118_181524.jpg
20210131_165427.jpg

·
Registered
21,565 Posts
Many still do. With the knowledge still there, why repeat it? Glad you got it done. Looks sweet. Great job.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. And sorry, new to this.. And very greatful for all the info that helped me get it going. Still have one issue that I can't seem to find a remedy for after nonstop reading and trials... Seems back cylinder doesn't run as strong as the front n has a misfire... Carbon fouling my plugs within 25/50 miles... Burning full tank in less than 50 miles also. If anyone has any input, I'd be very grateful

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sweet looking bike Nice job. Did you get your carbs aligned right. Also with burning fuel I would check to make sure you have the right Jets installed other than that not really sure

·
Registered
19,964 Posts
First thing is do a compression check on both cylinders. Service limit is 152psi. If either cylinder is less than that, you are in need of a rebuild. I also noticed you went from a uni-filter to a spike cone filter on the intake. Neither is stock, which means the previous owner monkeyed with the carb and jetting. If your compression checks out, then you will need to pull the carb and the jets, inspect and replace as needed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First thing is do a compression check on both cylinders. Service limit is 152psi. If either cylinder is less than that, you are in need of a rebuild. I also noticed you went from a uni-filter to a spike cone filter on the intake. Neither is stock, which means the previous owner monkeyed with the carb and jetting. If your compression checks out, then you will need to pull the carb and the jets, inspect and replace as needed.
I appreciate that so much!! Thank you! And yes! Omg this bike has beenessed with badly! Went to rejet for the spike filter, and carb has missing gaskets, cracked peices. Stripped screws even.. But, today I went ahead n closed the AF screw quite a bit.. Helped.. But, I'm going to I stall new original air filter n see what happens. Just sucks, cause I just put brand new oil change and it's already fouled with fuel from being overly rich.. I really appreciate the feedback. Learning as I go. Lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sweet looking bike Nice job. Did you get your carbs aligned right. Also with burning fuel I would check to make sure you have the right Jets installed other than that not really sure
Thank you! And it only has one carb. I replace main jet with dynojet kit. Adjusted the AF screw to a drastic different setting and it seemed to help. I'll be checking plugs and mialge this weekend, if still garbage, I have brand new original air cleaner ready.. I do appreciate the feed back. Thank you!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I appreciate that so much!! Thank you! And yes! Omg this bike has beenessed with badly! Went to rejet for the spike filter, and carb has missing gaskets, cracked peices. Stripped screws even.. But, today I went ahead n closed the AF screw quite a bit.. Helped.. But, I'm going to I stall new original air filter n see what happens. Just sucks, cause I just put brand new oil change and it's already fouled with fuel from being overly rich.. I really appreciate the feedback. Learning as I go. Lol
And byw, that little filter was going to crankcase. This is the filter that was right on the carb, under the fuel tank suffocating for fresh air. That's why I tried the spike filter
20210218_140331.jpg

·
Registered
32 Posts
Your welcome there is wealth of knowledge here not just posted for manuals but some very knowledgeable people that are always willing to help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your welcome there is wealth of knowledge here not just posted for manuals but some very knowledgeable people that are always willing to help.
And I appreciate it! Whenever possible, I'll definitely give advice from things I've learned.. Always big on paying forward..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts