Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the title says I have come across a cheap used set of 2001 vz800 pipes. I've been looking and it seems like the same basic design hasnt changed dramatically from the 2001 engines to 2005. Other than me being an idiot that mixes myself up alot will there be any issue fitting these pipes on my c50? They wont be permanent by no means even if I eventually chop them up and use them to make a 2 to 1 exhaust at least I wont be chopping up a $400.00+ set of exhaust. Any and all help is appreciated.

·
Registered
19,767 Posts
The 1997 to 2004 VZ800 is a different bike than the '05 and up VZ800 M50. You're going to find fitment issues trying to use parts from that line of motorcycles on the C50. The exhaust is not interchangeable between the models.

Reactions: Colby

·
Administrator
53,385 Posts
Best of luck with the conversion/installation project........hope that You have a MIG welder, or brazing/welding torches available.
They will prolly be needed.....per issues described by Skrapiron in the previous post.

·
Registered
8,360 Posts
Yep, VZ and VL are not the same motors..........

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys I figured even if I dont use them I could clean them up and flip them for a few dollars more than I payed for them. 🤷‍♂️🤣😂

1 - 7 of 7 Posts