Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if a set of stock pipes from an 2007 C50 will fit a 2001 Volusia? I think the 2007 has a catlystic converter - is that a concern? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I put a set of pipes on my 02 from a newer (08 I think) M50. They bolted right on. The pipes I put on didn't have the ports for oxygen sensors but some do, so if the pipes you are looking at have the ports you will need to get the proper plugs for the holes, if not you're good to go. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand that they will bolt right up. No concerns about adding in the catalytic converter to the bike that did not have one before?

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
No o2 sensor bungs and slightly different heads, should bolt up but without O2 sensor your FI isn't going to function properly. Cat shouldn't be an issue either way.

EDIT: DURRRRRRRR! Misread which direction you were going, as long as they'll bolt up all you need to do is plug off the O2 sensor ports, having a cat back there might at worst increase back pressure slightly...no big deal...probably help the bike run better if anything...definitely reduce the unburned gas exiting the pipes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.