Novice Pipe Question [Archive] - Suzuki Volusia Forums : Intruder Volusia and Boulevard Forum

: Novice Pipe Question

ceallard
07-30-2019, 08:46 PM
I'm a new rider (late in life). Got a 2009 Boulevard C50. Saw some videos on drilling holes in the rear plate in the exhausts to give it some more throat to the sound. Before I do this, however, my shade tree auto background tells me that this will change the back pressure. Do I need to make any adjustments to the motor or am I good as is? My bike has a Linhan conversion on it as a trike and it could use a little more sound to match the look.

Capt Cruiser
07-30-2019, 08:58 PM
Go ahead and drill them with a 7/16" drill. If you don't like the sound you can plug them back up with 1/2-13 button head screws.

As long as you don't change your intake, you won't have issues. If you change your intake too, then you'd need a processor.

Drill away.

ceallard
07-30-2019, 09:14 PM
Thanks. Like I said, I'm new to this and started reading other threads on the topic. I like your idea of making the holes reversible if it does not give me the desired results. Better than going all out and then having to replace stuff or just regretting it. Again, thanks!

guitarjim
07-31-2019, 12:18 AM
I love a deep throaty sound on a bike. Love it! My friend was riding with me the other day, following along on his Sportster. I told him he should ride with me all the time so I can listen to his bike. I hope you find what you are looking for.