Loudest exhaust [Archive] - Suzuki Volusia Forums : Intruder Volusia and Boulevard Forum

: Loudest exhaust

powerplay
07-16-2016, 09:38 PM
What is the loudest exhaust for our bikes? I have an 04 Volusia 800 ltd with Hard Krome exhaust and I feel like its not that loud. I had some cobra pipes on my previous shadow 750 and they were amazing. Any recommendations? I am down to trade exhaust as well!! Thanks.

Duffy
07-17-2016, 08:42 AM
Loud or obnoxious? The loudest (and most obnoxious) I've heard were a set of straights. Don't remember if they were Cobra or V&H but he always ended up at the back of the pack cause no-one wanted to ride behind him. I believe he had the baffles out and those pipes were "horrid".

crashtestdummy
07-17-2016, 09:11 AM
Cobra streetrod slashdowns no baffles or Morton violators

powerplay
07-17-2016, 03:44 PM
Loud but not "too" obnoxious!! I am looking at the Cobra 2" Drag Pipes, with no baffles. Anyone has any experience with them?

outbackzack
07-17-2016, 08:50 PM
I have V&H straights with no baffles on my 06, they have a pretty nice tone when you are just cruising, but when you open it up, you know it, and so does everybody for about a mile and a half.

Skrapiron
07-17-2016, 09:25 PM
If you want stupid, get the Morton Violators. Just expect all your friends to ask you to ride in the back and for herds of small children to throw rotten potatoes at you...

Midnight
07-17-2016, 09:32 PM
You're free to choose whatever, of course, but super loud pipes annoy your neighbours, get you ticketed by the police for noise violations, and can cause permanent damage to your hearing. I took a trip with 8 other riders and the two loudest sets of pipes were always back of the pack: way, way back. No one wanted to ride with them and no one wanted to stand near them when they started up their bikes. All in all, some things to think about when considering the loudest pipes you can get.

CAB64
07-22-2016, 01:32 AM
What is the loudest exhaust for our bikes? I have an 04 Volusia 800 ltd with Hard Krome exhaust and I feel like its not that loud. I had some cobra pipes on my previous shadow 750 and they were amazing. Any recommendations? I am down to trade exhaust as well!! Thanks.
I have an 03 volusia 800 running cobra shorts...... they are LOUD. Not quite as loud as running straight pipes, but a damn close second.

mdram
07-22-2016, 07:51 AM
cobra slash downs with baffles are obnoxious i couldnt imagine them without

jester1110
01-26-2017, 12:18 PM
im looking to swap exhaust on my wifes 800 for a more custom look. what about re-jetting? how much is neccesary?

Paraquat
01-26-2017, 12:28 PM
Morton Violators.

Paraquat
01-26-2017, 12:28 PM
I love the new Motorcycle.com app.
/end sarcasm

Edit: I lean so hard now I scraped the bottom of the lower tip.
I also scraped the tip of the kickstand.
:D

Motorcyclerider88
03-25-2017, 10:14 PM
I believe this is what my bike has that the previous owner put on http://www.motosport.com/cobra-classic-slashcut-exhaust and they are loud! Almost too loud. I wear a helmet also and still is almost unbearable when I open it up. I think I may start wearing ear plugs. Anyone else with loud exhausts have recommendations besides ear plugs?

Mithapa
03-25-2017, 11:15 PM
I have v&h straight shots with baffles (I think they have baffles) bought second hand and they are louder. I also took off my pair valve and air box. I think they have a good "throaty" sound without being obnoxious. As far as hearing lose the biggest threat is the wind, I have ear plugs but don't wear them as often as I should. Personally, I prefer the mushroom style vs the foam folding ones. Also from working in a factory, they protect around 20 more dB. Even with a full face, I can still hear my muffler. With earplugs, it's much quieter to me. When it comes to which ones beyond that unless you're spending big money it doesn't matter buy a pack from Walmart or a local gun store. They would also be a good source of information.

Jeepin04
03-26-2017, 07:40 PM
I've got the Cobra Drag Pipes and they are loud! Baffles are still in and I'm afraid to take them out. I might just piss off the neighbors even more...lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

lheonn75
07-18-2017, 04:03 AM
I bought my Cobra exhaust from 4wheelonline. I must say that it is really loud, though not annoyingly loud.

bbqjoe
07-18-2017, 11:00 AM
I think if a person likes the sound of loud pipes, they should place an amped mic in their exhaust with headphones in their ear.
That way they can listen to it all day, but no one else has to.

I feel the same way about perfume.
If you like the smell of it, put some on your finger, and run it up your nose.