Need jetting help [Archive] - Suzuki Volusia Forums : Intruder Volusia and Boulevard Forum

: Need jetting help

WNYrider
02-27-2016, 08:51 PM
I know this has been covered. Is there a guide to actully doing the rejet?i cnt find it. Maybe with pictures. Im mechanical inclined but have not done any work on carbs before. I bought a kuryakyn charger and adapter and have the jet kit (from thunder) on order. Any help would be appreciated! !

I believe i have stock jets

Psyc0
02-28-2016, 07:50 AM
https://www.volusiariders.com/70-jets-injectors-pipes/195168-keihin-dynojet-mikuni-conversion-chart.html

https://www.volusiariders.com/70-jets-injectors-pipes/106841-rejetting-matrix.html

WNYrider
02-28-2016, 08:22 AM
I apprecieate the info. Does anyone actually have instructions on how the work is done? I just want to make sure that i do it right the first time

WNYrider
02-28-2016, 09:42 AM
I have the tank off and om looking at the carb now. I just dont know what I'm looking at to get this done.

RiderRon
02-28-2016, 10:13 AM
I know this has been covered. Is there a guide to actully doing the rejet?i cnt find it. Maybe with pictures. Im mechanical inclined but have not done any work on carbs before. I bought a kuryakyn charger and adapter and have the jet kit (from thunder) on order. Any help would be appreciated! !

WNY is this for performance boost or looks?
Not much performance left to squeeze out of our engines.
If you ride in the rain or leave your bike outdoors you run the risk of getting water in your engine with the hypercharger. You should search through the forum on the hypercharger to see if that's what you really want.
But back to your question, jetting is 100% bike specific, what may work for someone else may not work for your bike. Be prepared to pull the carb more than once to get it right!

Here is carb rejetting and fine tuning but from a sportbike site. The ninja 250 carbs are similiar to the vol.

http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/I_want_to_improve_my_carburetor_jetting

Good luck and happy wrenching!

WNYrider
02-28-2016, 11:13 AM

WNY is this for performance boost or looks?
Not much performance left to squeeze out of our engines.
If you ride in the rain or leave your bike outdoors you run the risk of getting water in your engine with the hypercharger. You should search through the forum on the hypercharger to see if that's what you really want.
But back to your question, jetting is 100% bike specific, what may work for someone else may not work for your bike. Be prepared to pull the carb more than once to get it right!

Here is carb rejetting and fine tuning but from a sportbike site. The ninja 250 carbs are similiar to the vol.

http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/I_want_to_improve_my_carburetor_jetting

Good luck and happy wrenching!

Purely for looks. I was hoping there was a way to put it on without a rejet... saw somewhere where someone blocked off oart of tge air cleaner on the charger and didn't rejet but cant find now.

I have a k n in the airbx now and utbrund perfect

WNYrider
02-28-2016, 11:14 AM
I hate this phone. Damn typos

RiderRon
02-28-2016, 07:21 PM
Yeah I read that post earlier but don't remember where I saw it but I think he ended up removing it. His solution was not to use the vacuum for the butterflies but the bike didn't run right.
Jetting takes lots of patience. Pulling the carb multiple times to get it right at idle, cruise and high rpm.
Depending on how bad you want that look, it may not be worth the trouble unless you can restrict the airflow enough.

WNYrider
02-28-2016, 07:31 PM
Yeah, I hear you. I took her for a ride today and it runs perfect. I really don't want to mess with it, and chance screwing it up. So now I'm left with a brand new Hypercharger, and the mount adapter for the Volusia.. maybe I can figure out a way to hook it up just for looks. If not then maybe I'll sell it or something. Like I said there's not much performance to gain, I just wanted the look

RiderRon
02-28-2016, 07:45 PM
Hyperchargers do look cool but you'll be wrenching way more than riding trying to get it running right. If you use a shop or someone knowledgable make sure they have done lots of jetting and tuning.

Good luck getting it figured out!