Re-jetting (V&H ss w/ wraps) [Archive] - Suzuki Volusia Forums : Intruder Volusia and Boulevard Forum

: Re-jetting (V&H ss w/ wraps)

pyronin
10-30-2015, 03:20 AM
Hi,

I just wrapped my V&H Straightshots. I love the look and sound, and the bike seems to run great. However, when I have my wife with me on the highway, the bike doesn't seem to have as much top-end as it did before. What is the expected top speed on a Volusia 2-up (combined 400lbs (250 and 150?) It does fine at 70-75, but we are on flatland. I'm not sure how much a mountain trip will slow us down.

Long story still not so short, should I look into rejetting? Any tips on this? Stock air filter, no plans to change. Bike seems to do just fine overall, I'm just concerned about going up a mountain on the highway in the long run.

bah70
10-31-2015, 03:35 PM
What year is the bike? I have a 2006 C50, I put Vance&Hines straight shots, no baffles, on it. I haven't noticed any loss at top end, but I never get there anyway(especially with the wife on it). Mine is fuel injected which could be the reason I don't notice a difference. I have heard that you should re-jet after doing open exhaust, if carborated. But I am not a bike mechanic. And these bikes, the lower cc ones, don't have a ton of power anyway, and even noticeably less when riding 2-up. We don't have mountains here in central Illinois, but there a few very steep hills, and I make it up just fine with the extra weight from the wife. I don't know if any of this helps, just my 2 cents worth....